• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallingford CT pistol permit wait time?

Sankie1224

Hi all first time poster. I submitted everything for my temporary pistol permit at the Wallingford PD on Monday 10/26/15. The woman at the permit counter told me it takes 8-12 weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any info on how long WPD takes to process. Also wondering if I should wait past 8 weeks or contact them at 8 weeks and file an appeal if its not ready because I thought they had to do it in 8 weeks or less. Any info would be great, thanks.

adk_mechetech

The state statutes say they have 8 weeks. File an appeal if it takes any more than that. My town said the same thing and I got mine in about 7.

The wait isn't due to the town it's mostly with the background check and processing at the state level.

Last edited:

Good Citizen

BOFE timeframe over 2 years

The Board of firearms examiners is scheduling into 2018 what good do you think an appeal would do for you? :banghead: