• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC 3/23-24 OCDO Table

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
We will be having an OCDO table at the next WAC show. It would be great to have some new blood at the table to talk with gun owners. This is a critical year and believe it or not gun owners are a diverse group, some of them think we are nuts, some are curious and some are anti-gun. I kid you not.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Gogo, I can be there for Saturday. PM me what you need and times/locations.

The time is always invasive and inconvienant. If WE don't get the word out, who will? There are a great deal of people out there, and some carry guns, that don't want you armed. Citizenship is a Verb, that's an action word. Get active or get disarmed.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Bill, As you may know, after a 30 year membership, I dropped WAC due to their business license edict.
I started the OC table there 6 years ago and am proud to see the way it has grown. Thanks to all that participated.
Unfortunately I will no longer attend WAC, for any reason.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Gogo, I can be there for Saturday. PM me what you need and times/locations.

The time is always invasive and inconvienant. If WE don't get the word out, who will? There are a great deal of people out there, and some carry guns, that don't want you armed. Citizenship is a Verb, that's an action word. Get active or get disarmed.

Thanks John, PM Sent. You are exactly right!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Bill, As you may know, after a 30 year membership, I dropped WAC due to their business license edict.
I started the OC table there 6 years ago and am proud to see the way it has grown. Thanks to all that participated.
Unfortunately I will no longer attend WAC, for any reason.

We owe you a great deal of gratitude for your humble beginnings, Jim. Thank you. Your presence will be missed.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Would love to see more people stop by the table for an hour or two. You don't even have to interact, you can just observe. You will find that the knowledge you have obtained on OCDO far outweighs the regular gun show patron. Fun polite and courteous interactions will help spread the news, laws, etc and give gun owners more confidence in their rights.

Come join us and hang out.... (bring the donuts!)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
What are the hours, and do we get a pass? I should be available both days, but Sunday for sure. I'm not a WAC member, so no carry right?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
What are the hours, and do we get a pass? I should be available both days, but Sunday for sure. I'm not a WAC member, so no carry right?

The show is open 8-4 Saturday and 8-3 on Sunday. They do not do helper passes anymore :cry:. If you are not a member then you must leave your firearm in the car. Entry is $8 and membership is $35 for a year.

EMNofSeattle

and if youre not a member and do not leave your firearm in the car... please for the love of pete DO NOT show off your hideaway piece, and if you do show off your hideaway piece, don't ventilate the roof!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
and if youre not a member and do not leave your firearm in the car... please for the love of pete DO NOT show off your hideaway piece, and if you do show off your hideaway piece, don't ventilate the roof!

I'll say this. As a member, I respect the rules. Even the rules I disagree with. I think that your comment is inappropriate. If I discover member/non-member violating the rules, I will say something to you and or WAC security.

A couple of months ago there was a WAC member/table holder that unloaded his pistol in a briefcase pointing right at me! I had him removed.

EMNofSeattle

I'll say this. As a member, I respect the rules. Even the rules I disagree with. I think that your comment is inappropriate. If I discover member/non-member violating the rules, I will say something to you and or WAC security.

A couple of months ago there was a WAC member/table holder that unloaded his pistol in a briefcase pointing right at me! I had him removed.

What's inappropriate about my comment. Simple truth, concealed means concealed. This is the exact Sam philosophy everyone espouses when going into shopping malls, you going to turn in a CCer at the movie theatre too? Briefcase guy is an idiot, we can agree there, but if briefcase dude kept his pistol in his briefcase and never opened it you wouldn't know or care he had a loaded gun. I'll bet at least a quarter of people who attend the show are carrying concealed

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Nothing personal, but I'm out. I am willing to give my time gladly for OCDO, but not a dollar for something I would not go to anyway.

EMNofSeattle

Would you turn someone in if you knew they were concealing at wild waves or at silver wood? Or Disney word or six flags? If you learn someone in your party is CCing at a huskies game do you turn them in? Do you run around being eyes and ears for security at any other venue or establishment?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Would you turn someone in if you knew they were concealing at wild waves or at silver wood? Or Disney word or six flags? If you learn someone in your party is CCing at a huskies game do you turn them in? Do you run around being eyes and ears for security at any other venue or establishment?

I do not have a membership and agree to abide by my membership bylaws of any of those venues.

There is not 1/4 of the people concealing. Cite your information where there is...

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I do not have a membership and agree to abide by my membership bylaws of any of those venues.

So we'll just pretend my initial comment was directed only at those without WAC membership and call it good. :cool:

Edit, I said "i'll bet"

every time I've been there I se people all over the place, wearing fanny packs, adjusting their coats all the time. looking away when the WAC staff are walking by. maybe not that many. But certainly a sizable minority of people at the show are packing. under what circumstances would any self respecting man wear a fanny-pack? c'mon here

people at tables who are there for the day and have room to set their stuff down wearing coats or thick untucked flannel shirts. one other cue I usually notice is if a female has her purse strapped over her head and not just on her shoulder with a hand laying on, in, or near the purse. these are subtle clues that are even mentioned in police manuals about people who carry concealed firearms. This is anecdotal yes, but not many people who are members are willing to publically admit they carry.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

But this is all irrelevant as my comment was initially just supposed to be a jest at the guy who blew a hole in the ceiling by acting negligently.

I think we can all agree that the pavillion is adequately ventilated as designed.

my personal opinion on CC at the gun show though is obviously, if I don't see it, I don't care. and if I do see, I still don't care as long as i'm not seeing it in the act of putting a hole in the ceiling.

I'm not going to argue this further.