• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Second Amendment March

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
What was the turnout like?
T/D said "more than 100" but by my count nearly 200 - not bad for a week-day, preliminary for next weeks big event. Only saw two from the "other side" and they were quiet and subdued.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
What was the turnout like?
T/D said "more than 100" but by my count nearly 200 - not bad for a week-day, preliminary for next weeks big event. Only saw two from the "other side" and they were quiet and subdued.

Yata hey
I'll go by your count. I was counting and taking pictures so it wasn't all that scientific.

The MMM's were Lori (Who turned a sticker again):uhoh:, her daughter and two boys I hadn't seen before.

DJEEPER

imported post

i enjoyed it. My buddy and i came out from Yorktown...well worth it!

I enjoyed the speeches and all. I was surprised by how much media was there. This is good! :)

Thanks to everyone for coming out!:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

2a4all wrote:
Great job on the videos, Peter.
The videos need some work. I hadn't planned to do more than 10 seconds or more.

I need to start taking my tri pod and I also need to reconfigure Coppermine.

I also need to but a 64 gig card. That 7D eats card space and my 16 gig doesn't go far.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I just noticed something. This is the first time I can recall seeing Cuccinelli without his Gadsden flag pin:question:

len.jpg

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I didn't think Ken was dull at all. I think Ken and I once argued quite a bit on Facebook, but I really enjoyed what he said, having worked at both JMU and at UCSB in California. A lot of it really resonated with me. I applaud what he's done at Va Tech.

Leyla was an inspiration as well. The United States (and Virginia) are lucky she chose us!

Chris Richardson, the state coordinator, did a great job.

I always enjoy Ken and Philip, but it was nice to have some different and fresh voices, too.

And what a beautiful day!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I didn't think Ken was dull at all. I think Ken and I once argued quite a bit on Facebook, but I really enjoyed what he said, having worked at both JMU and at UCSB in California. A lot of it really resonated with me. I applaud what he's done at Va Tech.
I was being an ass. I don't like Ken!(Staunton that is)

+ 1 to everyone else.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
SicSemperTyrannis wrote:

+ 1 to everyone else.
Wonder who will step in to take over when Ken Staunton moves on in June (?)

Leyla really moves me when she speaks - she's an inspiration.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
SicSemperTyrannis wrote:

+ 1 to everyone else.
Wonder who will step in to take over when Ken Staunton moves on in June (?)

Leyla really moves me when she speaks - she's an inspiration.

Yata hey
Oh...Is Ken Leaving?
What a shame. Colorado is really getting a gem:lol::lol::lol::lol::celebrate:lol::lol::lol:

Leyla is great but couldn't replace Ken. She doesn't know how to talk down to people.
I dozed off yesterday but I swear I heard "Academia" at least 10 to the 32end power, times:shock:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Oh...Is Ken Leaving?
What a shame. Colorado is really getting a gem:lol::lol::lol::lol::celebrate:lol::lol::lol:

Leyla is great but couldn't replace Ken. She doesn't know how to talk down to people.
I dozed off yesterday but I swear I heard "Academia" at least 10 to the 32end power, times:shock:
Ken is a niche offering from Planters - Academia Nuts.

Just don't throw the wrapper on the grounds.

Yata hey