• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

unicorn sighting - Sterling, VA - 10/6/11

nemo

Someone wearing a VCDL minuteman was travelling in a black Toyota, 1725 CX, west on 7 about 1535 on 6 Oct before heading north on Algonqian Paarkway.

Marco

Someone wearing a VCDL minuteman was travelling in a black Toyota, 1725 CX, west on 7 about 1535 on 6 Oct before heading north on Algonqian Paarkway.

Not all VCDLmembers are posters on OCDO.
Now if you spotted a GSL with OCDO/VCDL endorsed I'd say there was good chance the driver/s would be a member here.
However, since you posted his car w/ license # I would'nt respond if it was me.

Jay

Nemo I agree with Agent 19 on this one nothing wrong with inquiring about the "unicorn", but I think it would be best to leave the plate out of it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm still trying to figure out how it is a unicorn.

Remember, a unicorn is someone who spontaneously just up and started OCing because they found out on their own that it was legal.

Such a person was judged to be about as common as unicorns by whoever thought up the term in the early days of OCDO.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I'm still trying to figure out how it is a unicorn.

Remember, a unicorn is someone who spontaneously just up and started OCing because they found out on their own that it was legal.

Such a person was judged to be about as common as unicorns by whoever thought up the term in the early days of OCDO.

Maybe we need a new acromym?... UOC

nemo

Maybe we need a new acromym?... UOC

I dunno. I have seen the term used to cars with VCDL stickers (magnets?) before, on this list (couldn't tell you on which thread or when, so don't ask for a cite!).

Howzabout unicorns for someone who is OC and a flying pig for a car with a VCDL logo?