• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OCDO Forum is Now Facebook Connected

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
You can now connect your Facebook account to your OCDO account and have your posts show up on your Facebook profile. You will also see Facebook "Like" buttons on threads.

Let me know if you encounter and problems with the integration.

Thanks!

John

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Nice touch.

I won't be using it, since I prefer to keep internet activities separate, but it's a good idea!

sultan62

I finally got rid of my facebook. However, even when I had it, I kept it very separate from other internet activities.

KBCraig

Yeah, I don't like this trend, which seems to be popping up on forums and blogs. I don't care if anyone else does it, but I sure won't. Facebook is already impossible to keep up with, with just a couple hundred friends. As an active participant on multiple forums, I can't see adding all that traffic. Nor would I add to my FB friends' traffic by slamming them with all my forum comments.

I'm not concerned with anonymity; I've been using my real name on the internet since 1995. There are just certain venues and protocols that don't need to be blended.

eye95

Yeah, I don't like this trend, which seems to be popping up on forums and blogs. I don't care if anyone else does it, but I sure won't. Facebook is already impossible to keep up with, with just a couple hundred friends. As an active participant on multiple forums, I can't see adding all that traffic. Nor would I add to my FB friends' traffic by slamming them with all my forum comments.

I'm not concerned with anonymity; I've been using my real name on the internet since 1995. There are just certain venues and protocols that don't need to be blended.

I don't like the mixing of seriousness OCDO with the pop-culture banality of Facebook either. But, I am trying to ignore it, hoping that Facebook won't drag us down. Heaven knows, nothing can elevate Facebook.

Last edited:

Bowers

I would love to see a "like" or "approve" feature, seperate from linking to your facebook account. This way, you wouldn't have to quote someone with a +1, especially if you're a day or two late into the discussion.

I also try and keep internet activities seperate, and don't see the need for Facebook to be a part of absolutly everything.

KBCraig

I would love to see a "like" or "approve" feature, seperate from linking to your facebook account. This way, you wouldn't have to quote someone with a +1, especially if you're a day or two late into the discussion.
This forum software has "Reputation", if Mike and John care to turn it on. It's similar to "Karma" or "Like/Dislike" on other systems.

CenTex

Facebook = the most intrusive site I ever joined. I unsubscribed and had my account deleted. There is a way to have your account deleted. It is not advertised by Facebook. I found it through Leo Notemboom's site.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_delete_my_facebook_account.html

Edit: I began hearing from people I had never heard of. "Will you be my friend." What could have been good, turned into a headache.

Plus: Facebook is intrusive on your privacy.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Facebook = the most intrusive site I ever joined. I unsubscribed and had my account deleted. There is a way to have your account deleted. It is not advertised by Facebook. I found it through Leo Notemboom's site.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_delete_my_facebook_account.html

Edit: I began hearing from people I had never heard of. "Will you be my friend." What could have been good, turned into a headache.

Plus: Facebook is intrusive on your privacy.

OK. Cool. Don't use it. I like it.

JGDGlock

I need some advice. How to open carry legally...

I'm scheduled for my CCW training in 6 weeks, but want to know more about open carry option for use now, and after I get my permit. What I don't understand, is if I have my handgun carried openly ( in a paddle holster with the entire firearm visible on my hip), do I run the risk of breaking the law should i find myself partially conceling my weapon when I sit? How about if part of my shirt were to come untucked and cover part of the grip?

I love the idea of OC and am obsessively responsible. So I want to be sure on this and haven't found any legal direction such as "open carry is considered X, and is permitted only when the firearm is X % visible at all times" etc.

This may be a stupid question so sorry if it's not what you normally discuss on this forum. I just don't know what I don't know and would appreciate any advice. Thanks, John/...

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I'm scheduled for my CCW training in 6 weeks, but want to know more about open carry option for use now, and after I get my permit. What I don't understand, is if I have my handgun carried openly ( in a paddle holster with the entire firearm visible on my hip), do I run the risk of breaking the law should i find myself partially conceling my weapon when I sit? How about if part of my shirt were to come untucked and cover part of the grip?

I love the idea of OC and am obsessively responsible. So I want to be sure on this and haven't found any legal direction such as "open carry is considered X, and is permitted only when the firearm is X % visible at all times" etc.

This may be a stupid question so sorry if it's not what you normally discuss on this forum. I just don't know what I don't know and would appreciate any advice. Thanks, John/...

Other than you are asking in the announcement section of the board on an announcement about Facebook and this question has nothing to do with Facebook?

I would suggest you go to the Ohio forum and ask there.