• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Parks

Ken56

While researching state parks to go camping in , most specifically Myrtle Beach, I noticed in the rules and regs. part it states no firearms allowed. Now, I understand that S.C. has complete state preemption or is Myrtle Beach 'special'. Lol, I have been there before and it is quite the freak show at night during the tourist season, but I was just curious if the parks web site just hasn't updated the no firearms in the rules and regs. I don't go anywhere unarmed so S.C. may just have to get by without my money. Too bad.......I might just have to call them I suppose.

John Canuck

51-3-145
(G) Possessing any firearm, airgun, explosive, or firework except by duly authorized park personnel, law enforcement officers, or persons using areas specifically designated by the department for use of firearms, airguns, fireworks, or explosives. Licensed hunters may have firearms in their possession during hunting seasons provided that such firearms are unloaded and carried in a case or the trunk of a vehicle except that in designated game management areas where hunting is permitted, licensed hunters may use firearms for hunting in the manner authorized by law. This subsection shall not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, and the concealable weapon and its ammunition.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t51c003.php

Last edited:

John Canuck

I see they left out the part you bolded. The parks web site actually has the statute you posted on their web page too, just not the exemption. Atleast I didn't notice it if it was there. thanks

It's quite possible they don't want you to know about that part. Do you have a link to their web site?

Last edited: