• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Carolina has an effective if unconstitutional gun carry permit law …

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
South Carolina grassroots gun rights organizations are trying to become an effective force for constitutional gun carry, OPEN CARRY. OPEN CARRY is the Raison d'être of OCDO.

Meanwhile Dog Boy (his avatar Diogenes’ actual nickname from Ancient Greek) craps on anything he does not post. And folks wonder why we have a dozen active members.

Dog Boy’s approval is immaterial and his disapproval is only a tedious distraction.

solus

South Carolina grassroots gun rights organizations are trying to become an effective force for constitutional gun carry, OPEN CARRY. OPEN CARRY is the Raison d'être of OCDO. Meanwhile Dog Boy (his avatar Diogenes’ actual nickname from Ancient Greek) craps on anything he does not post. And folks wonder why we have a dozen active members. Dog Boy’s approval is immaterial and his disapproval is only a tedious distraction.

dougie, which of the previously mentioned SC grassroots in the numerous threads you've posted of late, have absolutely any evidence any of the organizations are engaged in actively doing anything towards firearm advocacy?

typical of the outta context you insist on post which contain incorrect or incomplete information!

as for your disparaging tirade is characteristic of the behaviour you have exhibited on this site before you go banned as well as continue to exhibit since your return...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OFSOUTH CAROLINA 1895
Article I, § 20. Right to keep and bear arms; armies; military power subordinate to civil authority; how soldiers quartered.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. As, in times of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they shall not be maintained without the consent of the General Assembly. The military power of the State shall always be held in subordination to the civil authority and be governed by it. No soldier shall in time of peace be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner nor in time of war but in the manner prescribed by law. (1970 (56) 2684; 1971 (57) 315.)

Editor's Note

The present provisions of this section are identical to former § 26 of Article I as it existed prior to the 1971 revision. For similar provisions in Constitution of 1868, see Const 1868, Art I, §§ 28, 29.
What law and what case law supports the openly carrying of a firearm as being illegal in SC?

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
Section 16-23-20 is the statute.

I do not believe that the South Carolina Code of Laws Annotated is publicly available any more, probably copyright issues. Any reference now seems to point to a library bound copy.

When the Annotations to the SC Constitution were available, I seem to recall one to the effect that statutory infringements had been tested in could and determined not to be infringements.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Section 16-23-20 is the statute.

I do not believe that the South Carolina Code of Laws Annotated is publicly available any more, probably copyright issues. Any reference now seems to point to a library bound copy.

When the Annotations to the SC Constitution were available, I seem to recall one to the effect that statutory infringements had been tested in could and determined not to be infringements.
This statute has never been constitutionally challenged post Heller/McDonald.

solus

South Carolina grassroots gun rights organizations are trying to become an effective force for constitutional gun carry, OPEN CARRY. OPEN CARRY is the Raison d'être of OCDO.

Snippp...

so, dougie...which specifically SC grassroots organizations are you referring to...

especially since you insisted on the need to hurl degrading tirade commentary about me...

solus

Meanwhile Dog Boy (his avatar Diogenes’ actual nickname from Ancient Greek) craps on anything he does not post. And folks wonder why we have a dozen active members.

Dog Boy’s approval is immaterial and his disapproval is only a tedious distraction.
Dougie...the only tedious distraction is your continued flagrant insistence of posting information as viable, e.g. "SC grassroots are trying...."

membership is still awaiting to know which SC grassroots is helping SC firearm carrying citizens so they might pitch in to assist!

solus

1624498342961.jpeg
notice with interest, SC isn't listed in top ten of firearm ownership YET, is listed in the top TEN deaths per capita from firearms...

solus

Oh dougie, still awaiting a listing of those viable SC grassroot(s) organizations actively advocating for SC citizens' firearms rights...

KBCraig

The article fails to define what "registered gun owners" are. I don't know any "registered gun owners" that I know of.
True. NH usually comes in #1, but that's for registered NFA items (thank you, Sig-USA!).

At the state level, we have zero gun registration.