• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired near White House...

Dreamer

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...s-of-Shooting-Near-White-House-133767153.html

This "news" story is obviously completely made-up and fictional, because as everyone knows it is illegal to transport a loaded firearm in DC, and it is illegal to transport a firearm PERIOD unless one is going to or from an approved activity (shooting range, store, gunsmith or competition), AND it is illegal to discharge a firearm inside the District.

When will the media stop publishing these fabricated, fictitious, made-up stories? Everyone knows that DC's "gun control" laws work, and that there is NO WAY that a criminal can bring a firearm into DC to use it for illegal activities--that is why DC is such a safe, peaceful city...

<sarcasm OFF>

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep, just another piece of evidence to show that gun control doesn't work. On another note, 4 police agencies responded and none of them got the guy?

hammer6

"early witness reports suggest that the weapon was an AK-47"

HAHAHAHHAHA- every gun looks like an AK-47 to a sheep

Dreamer

Yes, notice how the news story says it WASN'T an AK-47, but rather some form of "semi-automatic rifle", but they fail to specify what kind. For all we know it could be a Winchester M-100 or a Benelli R1, or even a Ruger 10-22...

Dreamer

OK, so the Secret Service--the people who are supposed to be so talented, skilled and knowledgeable about being bodyguards, and providing VIP security, and understanding Threat Level Assessment better than ANYONE in the Federal branch of LE--are the ones who started the story that an AK-47 as recovered from the car.

These guys can't even properly identify a rifle, and THEY are the ones who are deemed elite enough to protect the PotUS?

I am not impressed, nor am I reassured--and neither should anyone who has ever lived in the White House be...

MKEgal

LOL! I'm glad other people haev caught on to & are exposing the media lies when they publish stories like this one.

hammer6 said:
"early witness reports suggest that the weapon was an AK-47"
every gun looks like an AK-47 to a sheep
No, no, it was a Glock. A long-barrelled automatic Glock. :rolleyes:

Dreamer

Well, it appears that Mr. Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, has finally been apprehended.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...r-white-house/2011/11/16/gIQA6lznRN_blog.html

http://news.discovery.com/history/bullet-white-house-111116.html

Please take note that now that the US Park Police have stated that the gun used was NOT an AK-47, there is NO MENTION of the type of gun used by the media--in fact the Park Police are not releasing ANY info--including the type of gun or even the caliber of bullet used...

My guess it was either a semi-auto rimfire rifle, or a hunting rifle of some sort.

But then again, they are saying that the bullets recovered from an outside wall and one of the ballistic-glass shielded windows were fired from about 800 yards away. Even with a custom made, scoped high-end deer rifle, that's a dam accuraate shot, shooting freehand...

MilProGuy

If this story was "made up", it was on the evening news.

There is evidence that two rounds struck the White House.

Dreamer

If this story was "made up", it was on the evening news.

There is evidence that two rounds struck the White House.

When I stated this story was "made up" I must have forgot to insert the <sarcasm> tag. Sorry about that.

But I still stand on that statement--it MUST be a made-up story, and the "evidence" is obviously completely fabricated. Because DC has VERY strict "gun control" laws, and everyone knows that they ALWAYS work, and keep bad people from committing crimes with guns in DC...

Either that, or the gunman was an LEO, and therefore exempt from the "victim disarmament laws" in the District. Because everyone knows that in DC the only people who have guns are LEOs and Federal Agents...

Last edited:

Dreamer

so the report is out that the gunman used a Romainian Cugir SA rifle...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2011-11-17/obama-assassination-attempt/51271096/1

This is a sub-compact AUTOMATIC rifle chambered in 9mm Para, and with a 180cm barrel and capable of selective fire. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY this gun could be the one used, because it was manufactured after 1985, and therefore illegal to import, transfer, and own in the US...

http://www.umcugir.ro/9 mm Parabellum Sub-machine Gun.htm

Anyone who could hit the broad side for a barn with this gun from 800 yards would have to be a pretty accomplished marksman...

Perhaps the gun they mean was a CN Romarms SA, a "sporterized" AK variant:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/93575256...tock/CN_Romarm_SA_CUGIR_CAI_GP_WASR_10_63.htm

Of course, we'll probably never know what the gun actually was, because by the time it goes through the circuitous JFK-esque chain of custody involved in a presidential assassination attempt, it will be a purple and orange 4-barreled flintlock with laser sights and an under-barrel Stinger missile...

Last edited:

MilProGuy

I hope this misguided, mindless miscreant really gets the proverbial "book" thrown at him!

One of the rounds hit the window of the living quarters of the White House.

He should be charged with attempted presidential assassination and I hope he gets a speedy trial instead of lounging around in some jail / prison for the next twenty years.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Local news yesterday was reporting he was armed with an SKS.

AK-47, SKS, Cugir, in DC it's all the same...

And we really can't expect the Post to get is straight--most of their writers don't know a Glock from a gazelle.

But I honestly expected more from the US Park Police...

Shovelhead

AK-47, SKS, Cugir, in DC it's all the same...

And we really can't expect the Post to get is straight--most of their writers don't know a Glock from a gazelle.

But I honestly expected more from the US Park Police...

DC considered a tube-fed semi auto .22 rifle a "machine gun".
http://www.archive.org/stream/firearmscontrol00colugoog/firearmscontrol00colugoog_djvu.txt

10) "Machine gun" means any firearm which shoots, is designed to
shoot, or can be readilv converted or restored to shoot:

(A) automatically, more than one shot by a single function of
the trigger;

(B) seminutomatically', more than twelve shots without manual
reloading.

Last edited:

Dreamer

DC considered a tube-fed semi auto .22 rifle a "machine gun".

10) "Machine gun" means any firearm which shoots, is designed to
shoot, or can be readilv converted or restored to shoot:

(A) automatically, more than one shot by a single function of
the trigger;

(B) seminutomatically', more than twelve shots without manual
reloading.

So under that definition, almost EVERY gun made by Glock, and all the Para Double-stack 1911's, and the M&Ps are all "machine guns"...

Yeah, that makes sense...

Last edited: