• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short-notice 8th of March OC lunch

Rusty Young Man

EDIT (2015/03/05):
NEW PLAN!
Since it seems like attendance to an OC lunch on Sunday, the 8th of March in Avondale might be a bit low... revised plans have been made to work around people's schedules et al.:
Sorry about the late post.:(

B]Who:[/B] All Freedom-loving individuals
What: A short-notice lunch (my bad:().
Where: Best of Philly in Phoenix, AZ
When: Saturday, 7th of March at 1 pm
Why: Because there is lots to talk about since our last meet-up, the weather looks to be cooperating, summer is quickly approaching (not always something to rejoice about here in AZ:lol:), and the owner of the eatery said we were welcome back*.:)

More eatery details:
http://www.bestofphillyaz.com/
2818 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004

NOTE: The eatery has a small indoors eating area, but the outdoor patio is nicely laid out in such a way as to allow some good time outdoors in the pleasant weather we've been having as of late. :)

*When we thanked the owner last time we asked about the possiblity of returning (our OC was noticed and all), to which he replied that we were welcome back anytime. Suffice it to say it always warms my heart when a business decides to abide by state law regarding the lawful carry of self-defense tools, as this business does.

ORIGINAL POST (lunch moved one day forward to Saturday, the 7th of March in PHX)

Who: All Freedom-loving individuals
What: A short-notice lunch with an out-of-state OCer
Where: Avondale, AZ (need to spread the word there too:p)
When: Sunday, 8th of March at 1 pm
Why: Because Jeff Hayes will be going back to the battleground that is Washington state, summer is quickly approaching (not always something to rejoice about here in AZ:lol:), and because it may be an adventure.:)

The eatery has food that could be considered to be of the local variety and does not sell alcohol for consumption on the premises so as to allow the lawful OC of our sidearms, in keeping with our previous outings.

If you'd like to attend and didn't receive a PM from me, please either send me a PM or post on this thread to let me know so I can get the address to you promptly.:)

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

PM sent to RYM, I was gonna actually be ab;e to make it to this one but some unforeseen events are getting in the way. I will be back next fall. I would love to meet the AZ OCers then.

Rusty Young Man

NEW PLAN.
Since it seems like attendance to an OC lunch on Sunday, the 8th of March in Avondale might be a bit low... revised plans have been made to work around people's schedules et al.:

Who: All Freedom-loving individuals
What: A short-notice lunch (my bad:().
Where: Phoenix, AZ
When: Saturday, 7th of March at 1 pm
Why: Because there is lots to talk about since our last meet-up, the weather looks to be cooperating, summer is quickly approaching (not always something to rejoice about here in AZ:lol:), and the owner of the eatery said we were welcome back*.:)

Feel free to bring your loved ones and don't hesitate to invite acquaintances who have expressed curiosity about OC; seeing it firsthand and noticing the non-event that it is might be just what they need to dispel the false notions the antis keep propagating.:cool:

More eatery details:
http://www.bestofphillyaz.com/
2818 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004

NOTE: The eatery has a small indoors eating area, but the outdoor patio is nicely laid out in such a way as to allow some good time outdoors in the pleasant weather we've been having as of late. :)

*The owner let us know last time that we were welcome back anytime, and it always warms my heart when a business decides to abide by state law regarding the lawful carry of self-defense tools, as this business does.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

A brief recap:
Enjoyed a nice Philly cheese steak (hard choice to make, seeing as everything sounded great) while taking in the pleasant weather that precedes the Phoenix summer.:uhoh:

Even had a couple :)p) of OCers join us; while they are not members of OCDO, they do OC regularly out and about, so I thanked them for helping normalize OC here in AZ.

No stink eye that I could see, and just the usual looks, stares, and oh-so-subtle :)rolleyes:) whispers.

No problems with carry, as it should be.:)

Also, looking into the possibility of having a lunch and range day in April.:cool: