• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Sanctuary Movement Spreads To Kentucky

solus

True that.
But we see how the 2A has been watered down .
An ordinance , specifying weapons , and a stiff penalty for any county official enforcing any regulation of weapons , wouldn't leave anything for a court to "interpret.

BTW Carter County is now a 2A sanctuary county.
Resolution passed unopposed, standing room in the courthouse only , meeting lasted 6 min.

An ordinance would have passed just as easily, but that wasnt what was presented.

so a meaningless piece of paper which carry carrys no weight of law like the 'no gun signs'...

must be an election year...

Ghost1958

so a meaningless piece of paper which carry carrys no weight of law like the 'no gun signs'...

must be an election year...

Not really meaningless. It is intended to send a message to little Andy B.
Likely all but two counties will will pass resolutions or ordinances.

That is a strong message from the majority of counties that any new gun control is a political death knell and wont be complied with
I was a bit late to the meeting as there were things I needed to do for my wife before I left.

Once there I went too the judge exc office afterwards. If anything is passed an actual ordinance with teeth will be passed to deal with it. But this morning all that was presented to the court was a resolution.

An ordinance effectively stops county LE from enforcing gun regulation, stops the jailer from housing arrested on gun regulation violation, and stops the county Attorney from prosecuting same.