• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Riverchase Galleria Mall shooting

solus

eh, after ME release their findings the B'ham police said wooops... er 'regret our media release was not 'totally' accurate ~ ya think!

The guy shot by police at an Alabama mall Thanksgiving night wasn't really an alleged gunman, AL.com reports. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office released a statement Friday saying police actually shot and killed Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr., 21, who was carrying a gun as he fled the scene of a multiple shooting at Riverchase Galleria in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover. Police Capt. Gregg Rector says they don't normally release information during an investigation, but this is an exception.

"New evidence now suggests that while Mr. Bradford may have been involved in some aspect of the altercation, he likely did not fire the rounds that injured the 18-year-old victim," says Rector, per the AP. Police add that they "regret that our initial media release was not totally accurate." At least one gunman apparently remains at large.

Last edited:

eye95

The officer who killed the innocent man will not be charged. We need to start holding police to a higher standard. Yes, that makes their job more dangerous, but that is what they signed up for.

OC for ME

“The officer explained that, consistent with department policy, his body camera was in standby mode when he heard the initial gunshots. The officer stated that he did not activate his body camera before he engaged and shot Bradford because there was ‘no time’ due to the quickness and urgency of the event. The officer did activate his body camera once he and the other officer began attending to Wilson and his friend,’’ Marshall wrote.
See a gun...shoot....oh-kay.

No time...riiight.;)

eye95

Sometimes, it isn’t even a gun! Check out the murder of John Crawford III at my local Walmart (Beavercreek, OH).

Crawford had an air rifle. Listen to the audio. WHIO married the 911 audio to the Walmart security video. The officer (Sean Williams) did not allow Crawford any reaction time before shooting him dead. I have read that, in the entire history of the Beavercreek PD, there have been two shootings, both fatal.

Sean Williams was the offending officer both times. He has his gun and badge back...again.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Sometimes, it isn’t even a gun! Check out the murder of John Crawford III at my local Walmart (Beavercreek, OH).

Crawford had an air rifle. Listen to the audio. WHIO married the 911 audio to the Walmart security video. The officer (Sean Williams) did not allow Crawford any reaction time before shooting him dead. I have read that, in the entire history of the Beavercreek PD, there have been two shootings, both fatal.

Sean Williams was the offending officer both times. He has his gun and badge back...again.
And he will more than likely will do it again.