• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Riley's Pour House in Carnegie - OC friendly

fliptop

Hello again all. Last night I went to Riley's Pour House, a quaint Irish pub in Carnegie, for dinner. The owner, Jim, had no issues w/ me carrying in his place. He was quite friendly and inviting. Later, when my date and I left, we walked around Carnegie for a bit before returning to use the restrooms. A family friend, Mike, was working the door and when my date and I approached, the conversation went something like this (Mike is quoted first):

"Do you really have to bring that in here (motioning to my pistol)?"

"It's not illegal."

"I know, but this place is packed full of people drinking."

"Sir, I've been sober almost 14 years and always keep my wits about me. We just want to use the restroom and we'll be on our way."

And with that he let us back in. He was right to be cautious, it took a while for us to weave through the crowd to the restrooms. During this time I was holding my date's hand w/ my left and had my right hand resting on my holster. Really, I don't think any of the patrons even noticed.

Next time you're in the Pittsburgh area I highly recommend Riley's Pour House, right in the heart of Carnegie. Great food, live music, and very OC friendly!

OC for ME

... and had my right hand resting on my holster. Really, I don't think any of the patrons even noticed. ..
Please research the laws of your state regarding "brandishing" or "threatening manner" where handguns are concerned.

A hand on a pistol but, in the holster, could be (mis)interpreted as a threat of lethal force.

I bring my strong-side elbow into constant contact with my pistol in congested environs.

solus

As do I.

I position my CCW so that my right elbow medial epicondyle tucks into the angle of the pistol. My OCW Serpa rides a bit lower, below my extended arm's elbow.

ya what he just said...i do two...w/o the serpa but rather a galco!!

ipse

jahwarrior

Please research the laws of your state regarding "brandishing" or "threatening manner" where handguns are concerned.

A hand on a pistol but, in the holster, could be (mis)interpreted as a threat of lethal force.

I bring my strong-side elbow into constant contact with my pistol in congested environs.

There are no "brandishing" laws in PA. I also rest my hand on my holster when I find myself in crowded areas.

Scarpetta

I am new to the forum, but I am a longtime citizen of Carnegie, Pa.
I lived there for about 26 years , in my years as a young man. It was a well behaved Boro , for the most part.
The lawlessness, has increased a tad.... after the big 2004 flood. Nowdays.... A gun would be a good thing to have , if you are intent on enjoying evenings there.