• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep. Steve Stockman: 2/3rds of White House’s anti-gun supporters are fake spambots

arentol

Something you will never see mentioned in the mainstream media:

"Obama’s anti-gun campaign is a fraud. Obama’s anti-gun activists are trying to defraud Congress using the same scam that sells ‘male enhancement pills.’ Every day thousands of Americans call, write and email the Capitol opposing Obama’s anti-gun schemes. Obama’s supporters are panicking and willing to do anything to create the appearance of popular support, even if it means trying to defraud Congress,” said Stockman.

http://dcclothesline.com/2013/03/10...houses-anti-gun-supporters-are-fake-spambots/

eye95

After reading his analysis of a whopping 16 tweets, I think that Stockman is wrong. The kind of twitter behavior that he ascribes to bots sounds to me to be much like behavior I'd expect from human "bots" that watch MSNBC. They are told to send a tweet with a specific message in it, and they dutiful do so. That the congressman only received 16 tweets is more telling than the similarities in them are.