• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep. Smiley

Ken56

Just got back from talking to Charles Smiley about SB59. I went to McD's OC and got a coffee and signed in to chat with him and waited for a couple people ahead of me to finish up with him. I had a great discussion with him and his aids and he stated he could support the bill in principal initially but of course had to hear the debate in the house and see exactally what it contains. He mentioned that when the state went shall issue the predictions of blood in the streets never came to pass. I also said I didn't understand why the state had to butt into private property rights by making it against state law to carry in certain business when the owners can already ban it if they so choose so In the name of less government intrusion he needed to support it as well. NOW I KNOW IT HASN'T MADE IT TO THE HOUSE AS YET but I considered it a preemtive strike to talk to him about it NOW. I think it was time well spent. A big +1. on this.