• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reception to changes in OC law in MO

acmariner99

Hey all, I can be found more on the Washington and Arizona forums, but it has recently been brought to my attention that I may move to Missouri for work post graduation. I love open carrying here in Arizona and my style of carry leads me to OC more anyway. My questions are about the reception in your state capitol to changing the preemption law to include OC, or at the very least include those who have a CCW endorsement. Is there a lobbying effort in place to expand carry laws in MO similar to AZ's Arizona Citizens Defense League? I find it odd that KC allows OC and STL does not. Are there comparative crime stats in each respective city? I wonder if your proximity to the 2A hell hole called Illinois has something to do with the unique restrictions in MO? Carry On!

ALOTAGLOCK

Hey all, I can be found more on the Washington and Arizona forums, but it has recently been brought to my attention that I may move to Missouri for work post graduation. I love open carrying here in Arizona and my style of carry leads me to OC more anyway. My questions are about the reception in your state capitol to changing the preemption law to include OC, or at the very least include those who have a CCW endorsement. Is there a lobbying effort in place to expand carry laws in MO similar to AZ's Arizona Citizens Defense League? I find it odd that KC allows OC and STL does not. Are there comparative crime stats in each respective city? I wonder if your proximity to the 2A hell hole called Illinois has something to do with the unique restrictions in MO? Carry On!

I don't really know of crime statistics to sway left or right on th OC difference between St. Louis and Kansas City. I will say that OC is not a hot topic as far as legislatively speeking. I know some of the guys on here, myself included, would like it to be. We do have our issues like everyone else as far as left wingnuts wanting to burn, melt, destroy any means of personal safety for us citizens. With that we on the MO portion of the forum do our parts in helping spread the word of OC in hopes to get more people to take advantage of the legal oppertunity to safety. If you do move to Missouri there are several people on the OC front that would welcome the, one extra man, support. It is as anywhere an uphill battle, but we are gaining ground.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
There are several efforts, even independent efforts and there is an effort to try and develop a group push that is coming together, it has a ways to go, but folks are trying to put heads together and get something done, it is a tough one as it is not a popular topic but that is being worked on too :)

Broondog

while OC may be illegal in St. Louis City, it is but a small portion of the STL Metro area. there must be 100 or so individual municipalities there that may or may not have OC ordinances. and of those where it is legal, the reception of OC may or may not be favorable. working thru the laws is difficult at best.

yes, some of us are diligently working towards full preemption. at the capitol there seems to be a split on the subject. i have hopes that there will be a new voice in Jefferson City come January....a collective voice of the public.

while there are many soldiers on the front lines, they sometimes lack direction. a few of us are trying to change that. stay tuned, things might just get interesting.

sohighlyunlikely

while OC may be illegal in St. Louis City, it is but a small portion of the STL Metro area. there must be 100 or so individual municipalities there that may or may not have OC ordinances. and of those where it is legal, the reception of OC may or may not be favorable. working thru the laws is difficult at best.

OCSTLlist250.jpg