• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick survey on the hatred of anti's

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The is no extra charge though.

Personally, I prefer to let some obtain/retain their own level.

We are all familiar with the analogy of wrestling with a pig.

OC for ME

LOL It has been a long time since schoolyard attacks, and learning "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Equating disparaging epithets with hate is the tool of PC political correctness.
Antis could hate you but you would never know it until they verbalize their hate.....or, they could shoot you then you would know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Antis could hate you but you would never know it until they verbalize their hate.....or, they could shoot you then you would know.
Au contraire - non verbal actions (facial expression, body language, tone of voice) speak volumes - just like here :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So no one has drawn fire like I recently have. Hmm.

μολών λαβέ

At one time or another some of us have drawn fire equal to, greater, or lesser than what you describe.

A lot of us do not rise to the bait being presented. And a lot of us consider the source and go on about our day secure in the knowlege that there are petty, angry people out there who we really don't care about.

Do you know the story of the Scotsman attending his first baseball game? "Walk proudly, me boy!"

stay safe.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
In the past few days, I've been told that I am:
extremist, domestic terrorist, redneck, ammosexual, disgusting, fat idiot, insecure, compensating for lacking in male sex organs, and many more, because I shopped at Target to express my support for them, while OCing.

Good Lord man, where do you live that those sort of comments are directed at someone carrying a sidearm?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I think I may have been called something in August 2009 at a McDonald's. That incident was the only one I have ever had from a civilian in the entire 19 years that I have been carrying a firearm (the last seven of which, openly). And that man claimed he was a retired police officer however judging by his accent, he was definitely not a native Virginian. More like someone from up in the northeast.

Blk97F150

SouthernBoy, I posted a photo of myself and thanked Target for not giving in to moms demand action, they reposted it, kinda made me their whipping boy. You can read about it here: https://m.facebook.com/hashtag/offtarget

μολών λαβέ

Any way to get to the photo/article without logging into Facebook? (for those of us who don't Face the Book?)

Thx...

Repeater

Thanks for sharing

Liberty (LOD) ...

Nice. Even a HashTag (which seems to be a fashion now).

Who uttered or created "Ammosexual" .. how interesting.

Oh ... I'm sorry I asked:

Meet The Dangerous Ammosexuals and Gun-Fetishists That Invaded Chipotle With Their Blessing

Bill Maher goes after Open Carry "ammosexuals"
Guns aren't just a tool of last resort. They're awesome. That's why people stroke them. And name them, and take pictures with them. You guys aren't just firearm enthusiasts — you're ammosexuals.

And before you try and deny you have some sort of unnatural romantic relationship with your gun, consider this. You're taking it out to dinner! (hysterical audience laughter) Because it completes you. Get a room.

Oh dear. :uhoh: