• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick MI code question about transporting an unregistered firearm

wizzi01

so now you state you have written as well as providing it free, a manuscript outlining your avocation of breaking MI firearm registration statutes?

on a national public forum...nice...

ipse

If that book is anything like his response to my post, it is probably factually incorrect.

Michigander

so now you state you have written as well as providing it free, a manuscript outlining your avocation of breaking MI firearm registration statutes?

on a national public forum...nice...

ipse

Yes, a national public forum. What's your point. Is the truth not worth telling?

By the way, please do note that I believe you took the second portion you put in bold out of context. The way that registration was changed up, some ways protect you from the GFSZA and some don't. The police do not track which way you register, and there is no requirement to keep it beyond 30 days either. So on top of it being a just about never enforced federal law police themselves are largely unaware of, they lack the ability to even determine what's what. This is information people deserve to know.

Everyone I've ever conducted activism with in Michigan, bar none, has kept their pistols registered unless the cops screwed up. It's not that I object to the notion of trying to skirt the law, especially morally, it's that it's dorky to give one state entity your money and personal information in order to avoid giving it to another, as though that's somehow better, when the odds are decent they'll never even bother filing your paperwork. Sure, if someone wants to get an out of state carry permit, that's cool. But at least if they read what I wrote they'll understand how much it matters.

Last edited:

Michigander

If that book is anything like his response to my post, it is probably factually incorrect.

Between the 2 of us, you're the one stating factually incorrect things. After more than a dozen OC protest marches in Detroit against criminal DPD cops stealing guns from OCers and charging them with erroneous felony charges, I'm especially surprised that you as a Detroit resident would state a belief that the cops obey their own rules. It would seem that after all the years this has been going on you must be living under a rock.

My suggestion is that you actually read my book rather than speculate to draw criticisms with no basis.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Between the 2 of us, you're the one stating factually incorrect things. After more than a dozen OC protest marches in Detroit against criminal DPD cops stealing guns from OCers and charging them with erroneous felony charges, I'm especially surprised that you as a Detroit resident would state a belief that the cops obey their own rules. It would seem that after all the years this has been going on you must be living under a rock.

My suggestion is that you actually read my book rather than speculate to draw criticisms with no basis.

Pay no attention to the Wizzi...
He doesnt know, hasnt studied nor has he followed the work that has gone into Detroit carry!
Maybe a plus 1 would have worked here, but you, and your work, deserve,, Words....

BYW,,, for You and the Wizzi, if he cares.
Do you remember CommanderIceMan?
He is OldSchool, was here for some years.
He rode his bicycle through High Land Park and Detroit!
Wearing Body Armor and Left and Right side FNP 45s..
Skinny Black guy,,, knew how to speak with eloquence...
He broke a lot of these barriers at that time,,,, But,,, we still face them today...

Last edited:

wizzi01

Yet, lawyers disagree with you. Why would I read a book if you are giving out false information on the internet. Also, where did I state DPD obeys laws?

wizzi01

Pay no attention to the Wizzi...
He doesnt know, hasnt studied nor has he followed the work that has gone into Detroit carry!
Maybe a plus 1 would have worked here, but you, and your work, deserve,, Words....

BYW,,, for You and the Wizzi, if he cares.
Do you remember CommanderIceMan?
He is OldSchool, was here for some years.
He rode his bicycle through High Land Park and Detroit!
Wearing Body Armor and Left and Right side FNP 45s..
Skinny Black guy,,, knew how to speak with eloquence...
He broke a lot of these barriers at that time,,,, But,,, we still face them today...

Who are you? I open carry all the time in my city of Detroit. Sorry you are too far up someone's ass to realize he is spouting misinformation. He doesn't understand basic English either.

Michigander

Yet, lawyers disagree with you. Why would I read a book if you are giving out false information on the internet. Also, where did I state DPD obeys laws?

Right here, in bold.

Also, if a cop runs your gun he has to have a good reason to. they cannot just run a pistol because they want to. They can get in trouble for misusing the system.

What lawyers are you talking about? And what false information? Do you have anything to offer beyond unfounded insults?

Last edited:

solus

Also, if a cop runs your gun he has to have a good reason to. they cannot just run a pistol because they want to. They can get in trouble for misusing the system.

snipp.../QUOTE]

ya, the nice LE has a good reason...cuz he wants to, cuz he can w/o any oversight whatsoever, and w/QI the citizen can't do a thing!!

they cannot? by what mythical power precludes the nice LEs from running a citizens's firearm if said citizen has kindly handed their firearm over to the nice LE who states they need to hold the firearm due to their 'safety' rationale?

they can get in trouble? again, by what higher power on this earth is going to tell the nice LE(s) they are in trouble? the only access to the stolen firearm system is via LE query ~ FFLs cannot even access the system. since citizens would have no way to verify the nice LE ran their firearm, nor does the citizen have any earthly idea if the nice LE is telling the truth when they tell the citizen..."sorry i am confiscating your firearm as it has shown up on the stolen database!!"

goodness the nice LE's are shooting suspects left and right, breaking suspects backs, and do so without judicial oversight...

ipse

twoskinsonemanns

What a mess this thread is. Quotes misapplied to the wrong users should be cleaned up.
Anyway as to the OP as long as the firearm is unloaded and stored in an inaccessible way you're good to go.
Along with doing a lot of bad things, the Firearm Owners Protection Act had a good thing with its "Safe Passage" clause that basically keeps people out of trouble when transporting. Take it to VA and have fun.

Last edited:

wizzi01

Right here, in bold.

What lawyers are you talking about? And what false information? Do you have anything to offer beyond unfounded insults?

They can get into trouble for running things without reasonable cause. False information in your posts. Saying having an out of state cpl and not having to register is a loophole (whoops you said it is skirting the law.). If you think calling you out on misinformation is insulting you...well I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited: