• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problem with "Go To First New Post Buttons'

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Is anyone besides me having a problem with the Go To First New Post Buttons?

When I click on the new post button it takes me to the top of the last page I have been to. Then I have to scroll down to find the new post I haven't read.

And with my old brain sometimes I read a few old posts before I Realize I already been here. :cry:

eye95

I think it is just being slow to adjust the position on the page. If I am patient, it goes to the correct post. If I am not, I will be in the middle of reading another post when the page starts unexpectedly scrolling.

What browser are you using? I am using Firefox and just recently got an upgrade. I suspect that some facet of the updated browser is not perfectly compatible with the feature that scrolls to the first unread post.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I think it is just being slow to adjust the position on the page. If I am patient, it goes to the correct post. If I am not, I will be in the middle of reading another post when the page starts unexpectedly scrolling.

What browser are you using? I am using Firefox and just recently got an upgrade. I suspect that some facet of the updated browser is not perfectly compatible with the feature that scrolls to the first unread post.

Initially I thought it mightbe just slow, but that is not the case it doesn't move. Sometimes I can use the back button and hit new post again and it functions properly. Other times that doesn't work either.

I'm using IE 9.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have not had any issues, I am running IE9. Perhaps you click the button before the page fully loads? The hashmark/jumpto feature in browsers normally does not exeucte untill the page has fully loaded (since the page needs to be fully rendered to make sure the anchor or jumpto location exists). If you look at the URL does it have #[postnumber] in it after clicking the button?