• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

President Biden's nomination, David Chipman, is pulled.

American Patriot

like you just did AP...very last commentary from the very very last paragraph...
So you consider the last paragraph (conclusion) of a person's article of less importance that the part you choose to cherry pick?
And in there lies the problem. You didn't say that when you posted the quote. You waisted solus and my time. The quote is from a "program manager." That is a mid level position. As I said: garbage in, garbage out.

Wasted your time? It appears you did that when you chose to comment about an article without first reading it.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Wasted your time? It appears you did that when you chose to comment about an article without first reading it.
You are incorrect again. I quickly read the article giving it little credence. Mother Jones is a left-wing rag. Like I said, a story written from a mid-level employee's perspective. What the story didn't say is how useless in tracking a gun's serial number back to its origin really is. In other words, thousands of manhours expended resulting in an infinitesimal outcome leading to a criminal conviction. Looking for a needle in a haystack that really doesn't convict anyone of a heinous crime.

American Patriot

You are incorrect again. I quickly read the article giving it little credence. Mother Jones is a left-wing rag. Like I said, a story written from a mid-level employee's perspective. What the story didn't say is how useless in tracking a gun's serial number back to its origin really is. In other words, thousands of manhours expended resulting in an infinitesimal outcome leading to a criminal conviction. Looking for a needle in a haystack that really doesn't convict anyone of a heinous crime.
" I quickly read the article giving it little credence."

solus

quite an interesting read from "The Center for American Progress is an independent nonpartisan policy institute that is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action. Our aim is not just to change the conversation, but to change the country"

quote: The recommendations made in this report are the result of an 18-month investigation into ATF: what is working, what is lacking, and what the agency would need to be truly successful. The information contained herein comes from an extensive review of publicly available information about ATF and the FBI, as well as interviews with more than 50 current and former employees of both agencies and those who supported or supervised ATF and the FBI at the Justice and Treasury departments. The authors also spoke with congressional staff charged with overseeing ATF, local law enforcement officials, researchers who have studied gun crime, and other persons whose knowledge and experience might offer insight. In many cases that involve current and former agents and employees of ATF, the FBI, and the Justice Department, information is presented here anonymously to protect the confidentiality of sources—particularly those who continue to work for the federal government and were thus not authorized to speak to the authors. unquote

enjoy

American Patriot

quite an interesting read from "The Center for American Progress is an independent nonpartisan policy institute that is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action. Our aim is not just to change the conversation, but to change the country"

quote: The recommendations made in this report are the result of an 18-month investigation into ATF: what is working, what is lacking, and what the agency would need to be truly successful. The information contained herein comes from an extensive review of publicly available information about ATF and the FBI, as well as interviews with more than 50 current and former employees of both agencies and those who supported or supervised ATF and the FBI at the Justice and Treasury departments. The authors also spoke with congressional staff charged with overseeing ATF, local law enforcement officials, researchers who have studied gun crime, and other persons whose knowledge and experience might offer insight. In many cases that involve current and former agents and employees of ATF, the FBI, and the Justice Department, information is presented here anonymously to protect the confidentiality of sources—particularly those who continue to work for the federal government and were thus not authorized to speak to the authors. unquote

enjoy
" This report finds that such action would help address the following three primary challenges that have plagued ATF for years: inadequate management, insufficient resources and burdensome restrictions, and lack of coordination."

It appears the author has a math problem.

solus

" This report finds that such action would help address the following three primary challenges that have plagued ATF for years: inadequate management, insufficient resources and burdensome restrictions, and lack of coordination."

It appears the author has a math problem.
never mind