• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Read ... This Needs to be Said

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

JoeINS wrote:
I am new here. I finally heard about your site on a local radio station - KURV 710AM.

I am an LEO that works on the Texas-Mexico border.
Welcome aboard OCDO.

Interesting 1st post - appreciate your viewpoint and comments.

Hope that you stay and chat some with us.

Yata hey

Springfield45

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
JoeINS wrote:
I am new here. I finally heard about your site on a local radio station - KURV 710AM.

I am an LEO that works on the Texas-Mexico border.
Welcome aboard OCDO.

Interesting 1st post - appreciate your viewpoint and comments.

Hope that you stay and chat some with us.

Yata hey
++1

~~Springfield

sheepdog

imported post

jpierce, may you and your family find peace and joy in good memories this holiday season...sorry for your loss...I assume that your brother was an officer...I have carried a brother officer to the grave and seen many others carried there...there is no way to express our thanks for what these men do when they take their oath and put on that badge...even if you don't like what they're doing or how they did it...you gotta love them and what they stand for...and noone's perfect...

With regard to our efforts to have OC in Tx...we'll see a lot of higher-ups and chiefs...which tend to be more politically "correct" speaking against us than street cops...who appreciate citizen support of any proper kind....I know personally of three cases where a cop had a gun to his head and a citizen saved his life....thank God for those who can and will step up...by our friendly, open discussions, and our not being opposed to the officers...who are not our enemy...the public will see that we're not a bunch of loonies....(like some activists have done by doing everything to antagonize the police)...and the resistance to our goal will diminish quickly...

After the bill is introduced, and media coverage picks up...some police appreciation bar-b-qs might be a good move.....

SheepleReppellent

imported post

I would like to first say Thank You for those words of wisdom! Now I would like to add $.02 of my own. As what is considered a youth in America (just turned 24) I have seen alot of things that the police force has done that is not just, or in the name of protecting and serving! This really used to bother me and i was one of those jackasses who constantly berated the local and federal LEO's, I am the first to admit it! As of recently (a few years ago) I came to a utter realization in my life, that every instince that I myself had been wronged by an LEO, I had the power to change the entire outcome of the situation. Even if that outcome was me learning from the negative experience. Generally, however the situation could have been delt with from my perspective with much more tact and self-respect than anger would allow!Also that me lettin a few bad apples spoil the bunch was exactly what made me so angry about how they profiled me and many others and that my path was one of a higher purpose than these pointless energy-sinks engeneered to consume our day to day lives. Since coming to this epiphony in my life I have had a number of run ins with the police that have gone in a dramatically different path than any of my previous learning experiences. This i attribute entirley to the fact that the seccond that I am approached they will see a genuine smile, Yes a SMILE on my face. No matter how much in the wrong I am, or how screwed Im gonna be by MY OWN DECISIONS, I have a smile on my face! Promptly as they approach I ask them one simple question.... "How is your day officer?" Now you see right there you have destinguished yourself completly from every other person that they HAVE TO talk to and probably have talked to in quite a long time on the beat, with Humanity! Yes Humanity! You have just automatically thrown any pre-concieved notion or profile that they have been building on you, right out the window. Because no one is ever HAPPY to see them in their THANKLESS, TIRELESS, UNDERPAID, DANGEROUS job! Let alone asks them if their night is going alright! LEO's are most deffinatly Human beings, just like you and I so I suggest that you greet them with the sincerety you would greet a dear old friend, because it truely might make the difference between them having a good day, week, or even year, And in their position it seems to be passed on to your fellow struggling man rapidly! The last time i was pulled over I should have been doing hard time (im not going to lie) but, by the end of the conversation the officer gave me my ticket (which i more than deserved and had told him so, as well) and said "son it has been truely refreshing talking to you, Have a great morning." You know what, That right there made MY day! to know that the way i talked to a person made their life that much easier and better! That right there was proof in my mind, of the concept that had changed my entire existence on this planet. That is, No Matter How Bad A Situation Gets THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOOD TO BE FOUND IN IT OR OUT OF IT! Its very simple and just takes alittle training of your subconcious thought process. Its the same theory as a fulcrum, or, the moon orbiting the earth, if the moon was to somehow dislodge itself from our orbit the catapulting effect would give it exponentially more speed and force than that in which it was orbiting with! All you have to know is just the right time to let it go to have the greatest positive effect on you and everyone around you , then the downward negative force suddenly has provided the fuel for the next leg of you journey through your life. Really all you need to practice this in every day life is, some conciousness and a well practiced intuition! after a min. it becomes seccond nature! I only learned this after about the worst Three and a Half years that I thought possible. Starting with losing my mom to cancer then proceeded by 15 of my close friends, all the most beautiful people I knew all in tragic random accidents! I am not telling you this for your condolenceses or your pity. I am telling you this because My mother taught me that Death is not something that should be mourned! It only perpetuates more sorrow and darkness. Life Should Be Celebrated, because those who are gone are STILL VERY MUCH WITH US, in our personalities, in our memories, in our souls, and watching over us. They are in a place where they fear not the pains of worldy indulgences or follys, not to mention they dont have to deal with scocieties ever growing lack of intelligence! I will not give you condolences on losing your brother, I will however say that I Will do something great for the world/community around me today In CELEBRATION of a GREAT MANS LIFE! I promise you I will atleast reach one person and make their day that much more wonderful! Life Is beautiful you really do just have to take the time to smell the roses, or look at the details/minor things! So Let KNOWLEDGE be our saviour from the hoards of the ignorant and those drunk with power and greed. Whos only purpose seems to be that of destruction to the progress twards allowing us to truley become free with peace. That thankless and countless men, women and families have fought so hard and so long in our world too see, And IF I HAVE TO CARRY A GUN TO ENSURE THE SAFTEY,FREEDOM,AND PEACE OF MY FAMILY AND YOURS, SO LET IT BE! Let that be a scripture from the book of my life, to touch yours - sincerely Isaac A new member to your extended family -And The master of MY domain P.S. Whenever dealing with a government agency always cover your ass however! always stay on point! if it looks like it is going poorly in your favor especially if you are in the right, get witnesses, take badge numbers! etc.etc.etc because some men are LEO's for evil reasons that we cannot help or change!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome aboard SheepleReppellent.

One suggestion - paragraphs please. Reading one long, no break posting, can give one a headache. :)

Yata hey

dmworken

imported post

Re-post: Easier to read, corrected words and capitalized where it needed. However, I left the grammar intact.

-------------------------------------------

I would like to first say Thank You for those words of wisdom! Now I would like to add $.02 of my own.

As what is considered a youth in America (just turned 24) I have seen allot of things that the police force has done that is not just, or in the name of protecting and serving! This really used to bother me and I was one of those jackasses who constantly berated the local and federal LEO's, I am the first to admit it! As of recently (a few years ago) I came to a utter realization in my life, that every instance that I myself had been wronged by an LEO, I had the power to change the entire outcome of the situation.

Even if that outcome was me learning from the negative experience. Generally, however the situation could have been dealt with from my perspective with much more tact and self-respect than anger would allow! Also that me letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch was exactly what made me so angry about how they profiled me and many others and that my path was one of a higher purpose than these pointless energy-sinks engineered to consume our day to day lives.

Since coming to this epiphany in my life I have had a number of run in with the police that have gone in a dramatically different path than any of my previous learning experiences. This I attribute entirely to the fact that the second that I am approached they will see a genuine smile, Yes a SMILE on my face. No matter how much in the wrong I am, or how screwed I’m going to be by MY OWN DECISIONS, I have a smile on my face! Promptly as they approach I ask them one simple question.... "How is your day officer?"

Now you see right there you have distinguished yourself completely from every other person that they HAVE TO talk to and probably have talked to in quite a long time on the beat, with Humanity! Yes Humanity! You have just automatically thrown any pre-conceived notion or profile that they have been building on you, right out the window. Because no one is ever HAPPY to see them in their THANKLESS, TIRELESS, UNDERPAID, DANGEROUS job! Let alone asks them if their night is going alright!

LEO's are most defiantly Human beings, just like you and I so I suggest that you greet them with the sincerity you would greet a dear old friend, because it truly might make the difference between them having a good day, week, or even year, And in their position it seems to be passed on to your fellow struggling man rapidly!

The last time I was pulled over I should have been doing hard time (I am not going to lie) but, by the end of the conversation the officer gave me my ticket (which I more than deserved and had told him so, as well) and said "son it has been truly refreshing talking to you, Have a great morning." You know what, that right there made MY day!

To know that the way I talked to a person made their life that much easier and better! That right there was proof in my mind, of the concept that had changed my entire existence on this planet. That is, No Matter How Bad A Situation Gets THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOOD TO BE FOUND IN IT OR OUT OF IT!

It is very simple and just takes a little training of your subconscious thought process. It is the same theory as a fulcrum, or, the moon orbiting the earth, if the moon was to somehow dislodge itself from our orbit the catapulting effect would give it exponentially more speed and force than that in which it was orbiting with! All you have to know is just the right time to let it go to have the greatest positive effect on you and everyone around you, then the downward negative force suddenly has provided the fuel for the next leg of you journey through your life.

Really all you need to practice this in every day life is some consciousness and a well practiced intuition! After a minute it becomes second nature! I only learned this after about the worst Three and a Half years that I thought possible. Starting with losing my mom to cancer then proceeded by 15 of my close friends, all the most beautiful people I knew all in tragic random accidents!

I am not telling you this for your condolences or your pity. I am telling you this because my mother taught me that Death is not something that should be mourned! It only perpetuates more sorrow and darkness. Life Should Be celebrated, because those who are gone are STILL VERY MUCH WITH US, in our personalities, in our memories, in our souls, and watching over us. They are in a place where they fear not the pains of worldly indulgences or follies, not to mention they do not have to deal with society’s ever growing lack of intelligence!

I will not give you condolences on losing your brother, I will however say that I Will do something great for the world/community around me today In CELEBRATION of a GREAT MANS LIFE! I promise you I will at least reach one person and make their day that much more wonderful!

Life Is beautiful you really do just have to take the time to smell the roses, or look at the details/minor things! So let KNOWLEDGE be our savior from the hoards of the ignorant and those drunk with power and greed whose only purpose seems to be that of destruction to the progress towards allowing us to truly become free with peace.

That thankless and countless men, women and families have fought so hard and so long in our world too see, And IF I HAVE TO CARRY A GUN TO ENSURE THE SAFTEY, FREEDOM, AND PEACE OF MY FAMILY AND YOURS, SO LET IT BE!

Let that be a scripture from the book of my life, to touch yours - sincerely Isaac A new member to your extended family –And the master of MY domain

P.S. Whenever dealing with a government agency always cover your ass however! Always stay on point! if it looks like it is going poorly in your favor especially if you are in the right, get witnesses, take badge numbers! etc.etc.etc because some men are LEO's for evil reasons that we cannot help or change!

thefirststrike

imported post

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I lost my sister about a year and half ago, and still feel her loss profoundly. She would have been supportive of our goals on this website and as a group. She was probably more conservative than I, if that is possible, and she would have applauded and supported our efforts here.

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for all that you do with this forum.

Dave

PT111

imported post

As what is considered a youth in America (just turned 24) I have seen allot of things that the police force has done that is not just, or in the name of protecting and serving! This really used to bother me and I was one of those jackasses who constantly berated the local and federal LEO's, I am the first to admit it! As of recently (a few years ago) I came to a utter realization in my life, that every instance that I myself had been wronged by an LEO, I had the power to change the entire outcome of the situation.
I often wonder why some people seem to constantly have negative run-ins with LEO. It seems that if one person is constantly being harassed bymultiple LEO and most others are not then there is something different about that person. They may be standing up for their rights and not bowing down to the police but there is something different about them. If one person is caught for speeding 10 times in one year then maybe that person needs to slow down rather than the police needing to quit picking on him. I think the post quoted above is an exact demonstration of this. In other words maybe it is your fault.

HardChrome

imported post

I have had nothing but good interactions with police over the years in varying circumstances. I might mention that I did a ride along one night a few years back and the officer let me carry my own weapon on me, concealed. That night he had me assist him in removing weapons from the house of a domestic situation.

I would highly recommend signing up for a ride along if your community offers it. It will give you a lot of insight into what an officer has to go through. It's a real eye opener.

SANDCREEK

imported post

Given the apparent growing tension between law enforcement and the increased visibility of law-abiding armed citizenry (OC)- I suggest all quarters take a deep breath and count to "10" so to speak - before things rise to a level of "turf wars".[Recently published San Diego area LE "policy" for dealing with OC "problem".]

"Change" always comes. Sometimes it involves something "new" - sometimes it involves getting something out of "mothballs" that seemed to do the job in times past. Law-abiding citizens perceive a growing need to arm themselves when in public FOR THEIR SAFETY - just as LEO's arm themselves for THEIR SAFETY.

Regardless of where we live - the bodies of innocent victims, armed robberies, growing gang numbers continues to mount unabated. The LEO's are not OUR enemy. The lawful OC'er isnot THEIR enemy.TOGETHER we can help move our society to a SAFER condition. Working TOGETHER. LEO's and armed LAC's BOTH want a safer less crime-ridden society.

LEO's need to focus on exactly WHO the "criminals" are. ( A hint - the one's NOT OC'ing ???) OC movement needs to RESPECT the LEO for the impossible job they are tasked to accomplish. WE must RESPECT one another. Over-reaction will bring about more over-reaction.

LEO's and OC'ers are not the problem. CRIMINAL behavior is .

LEO's must reflect upon THEIR motivations inconsidering law-abiding OC'ers to pose a "threat"[ to the LEO's privileged status?) , simplya nuisance, distraction, or perhaps ....... just maybe....a significant solution to the out of control crime epidemic.

Law enforcement and the OC 'ers need to get together - plan a "seminar" and confront the issue head-on.

pushki

imported post

Sorry to hear about your loss.And thanks for the forum you and Mike have given us.
pushki

[ url=www.fusionpicture.com]animation[/url]

pushki

imported post

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I would like to think your brother had a good albeit short life. Remember, he's in a better place now. Remember, the good times. Remember, and he will live on!

pushki

[ url=http://www.fusionpicture.com]animation[/url]

OCForever

imported post

I agree with you. But being ignorant of the law is not an excuse. If private citizens are not excused for ignorance, a LEO can not be excused either. That's not bashing, that's holding both to the same standard.