• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plans for the Celebration for Dale (Grapeshot)

DoubleTap

First, Thank you so much to all who have posted such kind comments, etc. about Dale (and to those who may post in the future). It is overwhelming and has touched my heart with joy to read them.

I am pleased to let you know that arrangements have been made for a celebration of Dale's life.

It will be on Saturday, November 17th, at 4:00 (until whenever) at the O'Charley's Restaurant at 9927 Mayland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233 (at the corner of Gaskins and Mayland; 804-747-9999). Dale and I frequently enjoyed having dinner there over the past many years. It will be in the big room next to the bar area. The whole room has been reserved, so it is not necessary to RSVP.

The family will provide appetizers. We will also have a cake in celebration of Dale's 80th birthday (November 16th!!). I was already planning a party for him, and Dale and I had been talking about it. I know that he would be very pleased with these arrangements and to have you all there.

If you have any questions, etc., please send me a private message.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you again,

Warm regards,

Diane

Last edited:

Marco

First, Thank you so much to all who have posted such kind comments, etc. about Dale (and to those who may post in the future). It is overwhelming and has touched my heart with joy to read them.

I am pleased to let you know that arrangements have been made for a celebration of Dale's life.

It will be on Saturday, November 17th, at 4:00 (until whenever) at the O'Charley's Restaurant at 9927 Mayland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233 (at the corner of Gaskins and Mayland; 804-747-9999). Dale and I frequently enjoyed having dinner there over the past many years. It will be in the big room next to the bar area. The whole room has been reserved, so it is not necessary to RSVP.

The family will provide appetizers. We will also have a cake in celebration of Dale's 80th birthday (November 16th!!). I was already planning a party for him, and Dale and I had been talking about it. I know that he would be very pleased with these arrangements and to have you all there.

If you have any questions, etc., please send me a private message.

We look forward to seeing you there.
w
With regards to a memorial service, Dale's son, Jamie, would like for it to be held in Powhatan. Unfortunately, we have not had success in securing a Church in a timely manner. Jamie is now working with a friend to have a service in a local Moose Lodge in Powhatan. We hope that will be held on Sunday, October 28th at 3:00, but we will not have confirmation for a couple of days or so. We hope to be able to have that announcement in Dale's obituary in the Richmond Times Dispatch sometime this upcoming week.

Thank you again,

Warm regard

Diane

Diane,
Sorry for your lose.
I am truly broken up over this.
Please consider me confirmed for the celebration of Life, w/ +3 (minor children) and confirmed for memorial services to come.

also, pm enroute..

Last edited:

scouser

Beth is taking Logan to visit one of her friends that weekend so I'll be attending solo.

DoubleTap

Thank you

It was so very nice to be with all of you. What a great group of friends we have. To those who couldn't make it, you were missed. And a special thanks to all who traveled in from out of town, yet again!

Your friendship is so appreciated. And thanks for being such a good friend to Dale over the past many years. He would be happy that we celebrated together.

Best,

Diane

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Such a good group of people

It was wonderful to be able to share stories and memories and to see one another.

Thank you, DoubleTap and Welch family.

DoubleTap

Thank you Tess.

We celebrated Dale's life, just one day after his 80th birthday. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to make a toast. (As nice as it was, it was quite loud at O'Charleys). This is my way of doing that now, and to also share with those who could not be there, and to those who only knew Dale through interactions on this site, never having the privilege of meeting him.

When you read this, please join me in making that toast to my beloved Dale (aka Grapeshot).

Warmest regards,
Diane

Attachments

• PC250036.JPG
    PC250036.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Dale Edward.jpeg
    Dale Edward.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 13

Law abider

Thank you Tess.

We celebrated Dale's life, just one day after his 80th birthday. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to make a toast. (As nice as it was, it was quite loud at O'Charleys). This is my way of doing that now, and to also share with those who could not be there, and to those who only knew Dale through interactions on this site, never having the privilege of meeting him.

When you read this, please join me in making that toast to my beloved Dale (aka Grapeshot).

Warmest regards,
Diane
What happened to our Grapeshot! I have been off line because my job was terminated in November of 2016 and times were rough. So I didn't log on to open carry for a long time.