• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picking up gun that was confiscated by local leo

stacks04

Hello folks, i have something i need to get clarified, hopefully you can help. Long story short, my wife had an issue last year where the cops were called do do some stressful circumstances, They confiscated her gun and permit. We had to wait a year in the judge has released the PD to give us our gun back. The only issue now is that neither of us have a Connecticut carry permit, and no longer are Connecticut residents. I do currently have my Florida concealed carry permit but I'm not sure how to go about getting my pistol from the local police station without a hassle from them or violating laws. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thank you.

NavyLCDR

Have them ship the gun to an FFL in your current state of residence and the FFL can transfer it to you. The reality of the situation, though, is you are more than likely just going to have to count that gun as a loss.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Hate to just give a gun away.

But it all depends on the worth of said firearm.

If it well cost about the same to recover it as buying a different one.

I just might forget about it and buy another one.

If it is worth more then the money it would cost the time effort and hassle go for it.

stacks04

Figured I would give you guys an update, the local PD contacted me and informed me that I can have a friend of mine who is permitted in Connecticut pick up the gun and that I would be okay after that transporting it back down to Florida like you would any other gun locked and far away from you. So the gun is back in my friends possession and I will pick it up next time I'm up North. Very surprised at how this turned out didn't think it would be that smooth considering all the horror stories you here.