• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMG, Call the ATF. New Class 3 weapon.

sudden valley gunner

Can we contact him for an upgraded design?

Box magazine of say 500 bolts, and the system automatically re-pulls the rubbers and reloads the bolts. THEN i'll say he has a WEAPON. This is not to say that what he's designed already isn't a weapon.

That is what is great about people, and human ingenuity! It's beyond my skill set but I am sure some one can improve on his design and do exactly that. Say as it revolves, it has a lever that pulls and sets the rubbers back......

dmatting

That is what is great about people, and human ingenuity! It's beyond my skill set but I am sure some one can improve on his design and do exactly that. Say as it revolves, it has a lever that pulls and sets the rubbers back......

I would think that something like a threaded shaft that was positioned under each barrel could engage a carrier at the end of the barrel after a bolt clears the muzzle. The threaded shaft would then move the carrier to the breach end of the barrel. Perhaps the bolts could be loaded in a manner like a tubular magazine where they are lined up along the top of the barrel and after the carrier is brought back to home, the next bolt in line drops in place ready to fire.

I would never have the time to do what he does. He designs and then builds up all these crazy cool wooden projectile throwers. That Gatling style bolt gun is very elaborate.

FreeInAZ

It's cool. I just had the depressing thought of: if many of our "leaders" have their way, we will all be trying to build one of these soon...:eek:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Misleading. He calls it a Gatling. A Gatling loads itself from an ammunition supply and keeps shooting. This is nothing more than a preloaded pepperbox. Cool, yes, but not a Gatling.

Orion_13

I can't get this site to load. :( Is it just me or is the story removed now?

UPDATE: I finally got it to load. I had to stop it and reload it. If I follow it straight from the link it doesn't load for me. *shrug*

Orion

Last edited: