• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olmos, TX police injure and arrest open carrier - President of Open Carry Texas

HP995

And right back at you!

Thank you. Encouragement is nothing to fear. Build upon strength, not weakness.

I hope that the Olmos Park police chief can be fired. Too much corruption!

gutshot II

Wow, such a long-winded, nonsensical comment to such a clear response, but Dr. HP995, I really don't need any such "words of encouragement" to secure my place in this world---I am quite comfortable with where I am, with where I've been, and with where I am headed, and, again, my "nearest and dearest" far more than respect me.

I trust people who have earned such trust, universally, Internetally (yes, I just made up that word), or locally, but trust, like respect, is earned, not automatically granted.

You also haven't a clue as to my commitment or contribution with regard to any cause, OCT or otherwise, nor have I mentioned anyone whom I consider to be "my" hero, but, rather, I have oft-mentioned "a" hero.

I requested no advice from you, so take a breath, and, perhaps, stop trying to teach people how to be you.

I was thinking about offering a apology for the treatment that you have received here, but now I see that you don't need one or even want one. That is good. It just confirms that you don't rely on the approval of the people here for your self satisfaction. You seem to be made of tough material and that is not a surprise since you are a member of OCT. I suspect that all OCT members are made tough. Certainly some of those, if not all, are heros. It seems that a few of our members cannot bring themselves to find any worth in the actions of others. If they were involved in the same efforts or similar ones, they would be bragging about their accomplishments, non-stop. Their hands are too busy patting themselves on the back to extend one for a handshake in recognition of a job welldone by someone else. As for me, congratulations on a job well done.

I hope you will continue posting here, dispite the rude, unfriendly welcome. I enjoy reading about the efforts of OCT. I think they are a model for other places and other groups with similar problem to follow. Success breeds success, and OCT has certainly been successful. I do things differently, but I am faced with different problems than OCT and doubt that I would survive the physical hardships OCT seems to be forced to endure.

solus

I was thinking about offering a apology.... snippp.

What a pompous & backhanded insult and slap in the face to every member on this forum.

I must unequivocally state, I have walked this earth many years and seen many disrespectful antics during those years, and must profess your bitter commentary is unbelievable and now shows your true nature which I find truly disgusting and combined with past comments has, in my observation, completely destroys your credibility.

Gutshot, I am sorry you and your life has apparently taken such a turn of late where you feel the need to express such a livid and bitter rant towards anybody...it is sad actually as it does not reflect your past expresed personality.

I hope you are able to overcome this period in your life.

TXOC16

Recovered footage from Jim's camera, which Olmos PD apparently and, obviously, mistakenly believed they had deleted. It looks like Olmos PD's finest are about as good at forensics as they are at actual police work:

[video=youtube_share;9rOoQRSGhdM]https://youtu.be/9rOoQRSGhdM[/video]

TXOC16

I was thinking about offering a apology for the treatment that you have received here...

Thanks for the words of encouragement (sorry, couldn’t resist), Gutshot, but worry not as I’m not going anywhere---well, at least not voluntarily. :)
And, although I appreciate the compliment, I’m really not made of any more sturdy a material than that of a typical Texan, nor am I nearly as active or participative with OCT as I wish time allowed (I do try to somewhat compensate for that by fairly regularly sending to them a fair amount of my treasure). ;) As I’ve mentioned numerous times before, the real atta-boys belong to those on the OCT front lines, day in, day out, in defense of our God-given, Constitutionally enumerated rights, who spit in the face of tyranny and are literally willing to take a bullet in the name of this oh so worthy cause of ours. There is no greater love than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends - John 15:13.

Also, there’s no need to apologize for being in different circumstances with different priorities. We are all entitled pick our own wars, develop our own strategies, and execute our own tactics. You have my respect.

Carry on!

HP995

Also, there’s no need to apologize for being in different circumstances with different priorities. We are all entitled pick our own wars, develop our own strategies, and execute our own tactics. You have my respect.

I like that! Well written. Of course I realize the respect or the overall sentiment expressed here may not be meant for everyone, but if it were, or if it is, if we're talking about respect and general support for others in the cause who may disagree on some details, this statement would fit very well with my own beliefs.

If the people and groups and factions here could adopt this kind of attitude generally to each other, not just to their buddies, it would make us stronger overall. Not always easy, have to overlook and forgive some differences and some unpleasant words. No chips on shoulder, no toughness born of insecurity. (Talking in general, not any one person.) Why? More likely to win, more adult behavior, save the fight for the real battle instead of internal bickering. Maybe even learn a bit from others.

Of course no one has to do this. If bickering makes people happier, I guess that's life, full of interesting and strange things. No one has to win the bigger national battle, either. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but the concept of a house divided is not a new one. It was mentioned by a very special person in the book you quoted, and repeated in slightly different form in the early history of this nation. I think it's a sound lesson from history.

Anyway, glad to see people, uh, encouraged :D in the end! Because I don't see anyone here as the enemy when we have a giant Enemy bent on taking away our guns and our other rights. So I do actually want to encourage everyone here in their life and their efforts. The same as encouraging every last man and woman in a military, even though it has different services and also people who disagree. The cause is bigger than all that. It's important and everyone here is too. If you hate this, don't worry, go ahead and hate - I have no insecurity, it won't change my approach and belief in supporting others.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The friend of my enemy is my enemy.

We can post here in a manner that benefits our cause and does not bring harm to ourselves. We are by and large intelligent people and chose our own path.

Mr Birdman

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

solus

Tis an interesting query, especially since the TX LTC actually is reciprocated in more states tha VA’s non-resident.

Further, one might presume since you were personally at the forefront leading the war, you would be extremely proud, like most Texans are, to show off the ultimate prize you were fighting for and won.

just say’n

Mr Birdman

permit

For travel outside of Texas when he wishes to or has need to conceal.

Don't you wish you had thought of that. :p

I believe he is not allowed to have a Tx permit from his previous encounter with law enforcement. the encounter which made him famous to begin with

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For travel outside of Texas when he wishes to or has need to conceal.

Don't you wish you had thought of that. :p

I believe he is not allowed to have a Tx permit from his previous encounter with law enforcement. the encounter which made him famous to begin with

Wish I had thought of that.

What might be in progress to correct it?

mobeewan

A jury found Grisham guilty of interfering with police duties when he refused to turn over his AR-15 rifle to Temple police officer Steve Ermis when he was illegally stopped and arrested.

Even though the officer was wrong, he refused to obey.
He appealed and lost. Then he ran for the Texas legislature and lost.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A jury found Grisham guilty of interfering with police duties when he refused to turn over his AR-15 rifle to Temple police officer Steve Ermis when he was illegally stopped and arrested.

Even though the officer was wrong, he refused to obey.
He appealed and lost. Then he ran for the Texas legislature and lost.
I remember now reading about this and watching a video that I believe was taken by his son.

Where was jury nullification when needed? It would have been the right thing to do.