• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olmos, TX police injure and arrest open carrier - President of Open Carry Texas

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Wait you mean CJ doesn’t cover legal expenses of his fellow activists at his shock and awe civil disobedience activist sessions?

The same CJ associated as membership director with https://www.selfdefensefund.com/terms-conditions/ ?

I’m shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked! ...
Whatever my issues/criticisms might be with/of CJ Grisham, I wouldn't expect him to cover the legal expenses of someone else who willingly participated in activism.

Although I'm puzzled as to why Mr. Everard didn't take the SDF coverage (which presumably would have paid for his defense), I certainly don't know, and doubt that any of us know the WHOLE story.

After talking with the people I did down in TX, and speaking as an activist who was *personally* expecting to be cited/arrested @ the Dayton RTA (while at the same time ensuring that no others did so unwillingly), it's clear to me that there are a lot more layers to things in TX than what is readily apparent.

As an aside - from what I've observed from afar, certain places in TX are much, much more hostile to legal acts with firearms than anywhere else I'm aware of.

TXOC16

...As an aside - from what I've observed from afar, certain places in TX are much, much more hostile to legal acts with firearms than anywhere else I'm aware of.

You are far from alone, BB62, as it's quite the popular misconception that Texas is something of a particularly "gun-friendly" state, which, unfortunately, is simply not the case at all. We were late to concealed carry, even later to open carry, still don't have an unlicensed version of either, and get a mostly deer-in-the-headlights reaction from most state legislators anytime the subject of actual Constitutional Carry is broached---they simply don't have a clue.

Further, we also have six of the twenty most-populous cities in the U.S., which exceeds California's four in both number and total population (approximately 76 million vs. 72 million respectively), and as I'm sure you are aware, large cities are almost exclusively run by anti-2A hyper-liberals, and Texas is no exception to that rule (Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso). Add to that the multitude of small enclaves of despots in places such as Olmos Park, which are far, far more numerous than most people realize, and you end up with what is quite often an overt arrogance, ignorance, and/or outright disregard and disdain of the U.S. Constitution in general, and the same, or worse, with regard to state statutes dealing with the Second Amendment in particular, rather than any sort of advocacy or promotion of the same.

Fortunately, there are people like CJ, Jim, David, and you (and thank you, again, for the giving of your time, treasure, and talent over the weekend for this cause), who are working hard, if not tirelessly, to change this currently untenable situation. Keep spreading the word!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You are far from alone, BB62, as it's quite the popular misconception that Texas is something of a particularly "gun-friendly" state, which, unfortunately, is simply not the case at all. We were late to concealed carry, even later to open carry, still don't have an unlicensed version of either, and get a mostly deer-in-the-headlights reaction from most state legislators anytime the subject of actual Constitutional Carry is broached---they simply don't have a clue.

Further, we also have six of the twenty most-populous cities in the U.S., which exceeds California's four in both number and total population (approximately 76 million vs. 72 million respectively), and as I'm sure you are aware, large cities are almost exclusively run by anti-2A hyper-liberals, and Texas is no exception to that rule (Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso). Add to that the multitude of small enclaves of despots in places such as Olmos Park, which are far, far more numerous than most people realize, and you end up with what is quite often an overt arrogance, ignorance, and/or outright disregard and disdain of the U.S. Constitution in general, and the same, or worse, with regard to state statutes dealing with the Second Amendment in particular, rather than any sort of advocacy or promotion of the same.

Fortunately, there are people like CJ, Jim, David, and you (and thank you, again, for the giving of your time, treasure, and talent over the weekend for this cause), who are working hard, if not tirelessly, to change this currently untenable situation. Keep spreading the word!
Correct. I spent over a month in Texas many years ago. And I was informed by many that the police as a norm were corrupt and dirty.

solus

Sooooo TXOCT16, WHO allowed this "...arrogance, ignorance and/or disregard and disdain...." to fester into the culture that you state is 'blatantly' pervasive within the lonestar state?

Sorry, this mentality you allude to TXOCT16 has been in place for at least the last century and propagated by the Texas' citizens themselves regarding their bigger than life way of doing things. (ya JR...)

It isn't a wonder they believed their own poop as the truth.

Texas is suffering under the concept other states have in this union, you are no longer a closed society of pure breed Texans into the 'life style' and the inbred ranks have been contaminated with a different perspective of 'we have always done it OUR way'!

Corruption within the Texas' oil industry, their public governmental infrastructure, and so forth is no worse than NYC's growing pains over the last half a century as they continue to root out corruption or any of this country's small or large public infrastructures. Some instances are blantant, e.g., NC's legislature gerrymandering, other is covert!

Ok, so not sure what your point is as you again continue to propagate woe for the great state of Texas, as has been done for the last century.

Bottom line, TXOCT16, welcome to 21st century where every facet of this country's public infrastructure is being challenged by citizens of all walks of life saying, "WE DO NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY!" change it!

PS: enjoy reading about the great lonestar's legacy(ies)
1. https://www.google.com/search?q=tex...ome..69i57.10959j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. https://www.google.com/search?q=mos...TaAhULulMKHbiVCbwQ1QIIkQEoAA&biw=1920&bih=949

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Wait you mean CJ doesn’t cover legal expenses of his fellow activists at his shock and awe civil disobedience activist sessions?

The same CJ associated as membership director with https://www.selfdefensefund.com/terms-conditions/ ?
I’m shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked! ...
An update just posted by C.J. Grisham makes it clear that the other activist who was arrested while OCing **thought** he wasn't covered, but was! :banana:

"We want to thank everyone who stepped in to make this fundraiser a success. We have an important update. Jim is now covered by Self Defense Fund as well. It turns out he was protected, but the paperwork hadn't been processed in time and he didn't think he was covered. He had a brief time gap in coverage when he was switching companies from his previous coverage to SDF, but he was technically covered for his arrest even though the paperwork hadn't been processed yet. We already met 80% of our goal, so we wanted to send an update to provide for two options for those that have donated. ..."

https://www.fundedjustice.com/stories/8DLoV0?fb_ref=share__fb_27ERwc

mobeewan

How about using some of the funds to help Jack Miller aka TXSHEEPDOG72 on YouTube & Joanna Castro aka BUC-G on YouTube. They have had to go into thier life savings to fund Joanna's law suit against the officer who assaulted her. They along with her husband Todd aka SAEXTAZYPREZ and another activist who goes by SouthSide Slakr210 and their treatment by Olmos Park, were the reason that CJ and Jim we're there to begin with. Joanna's suit alone is estimated at $5000 - $12000, just to begin with.

Are they just the sacrificial lambs for OCT to grab all the attention? It's not just all about CJ, Jim & OCT. Kind of reminds me of when Virginia Citizens Defense League got the ball rolling getting other grass roots gun organizations involved in the National Parks Carry and the NRA hogged all the glory.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
.... They along with her husband Todd aka SAEXTAZYPREZ and another activist who goes by SouthSide Slakr210 ...
I don't know anything about the people you mentioned, but evidently I spoke with SAEXTAZYPREZ - but I forget what he looked like! :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HFOMSIMCY&feature=youtu.be

P.S. - one of the people in the video said I was from Chicago (now I know where that false information came from) despite my Ohio license plate!

Last edited:

mobeewan

Upon court appearance charges against Joanna have been thrown out due to lack of evidence. She was arrested when CJ and Jim we're arrested. Charges were retaliatory based on interfering with police when the officer ran over and assaulted her during a separate incident a month earlier when she videoed Jack Millers arrest.

Video taken by her and Jack's body camera prooved the officers lied on affidavits filed by police to obtain her arrest warrant 1 month after the incident because her and Jack's videos were posted on line.

Filing false affidavits just adds more fuel to her federal lawsuit which is going forward. Video update after court appearance below.

https://youtu.be/qiagwzei3i4

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Upon court appearance charges against Joanna have been thrown out due to lack of evidence. She was arrested when CJ and Jim we're arrested. Charges were retaliatory based on interfering with police when the officer ran over and assaulted her during a separate incident a month earlier when she videoed Jack Millers arrest.

Video taken by her and Jack's body camera prooved the officers lied on affidavits filed by police to obtain her arrest warrant 1 month after the incident because her and Jack's videos were posted on line.

Filing false affidavits just adds more fuel to her federal lawsuit which is going forward. Video update after court appearance below.

https://youtu.be/qiagwzei3i4
Thanks for the additional information and for the link.

TXOC16

Not surprisingly, the almost-second-year law students who were retained as representation by the mental midgets in Olmos Park recommended a dismissal with regard to the entirely concocted felony charges against C.J., to which the DA's office in Bexar County replied, "Doh!" The purported "official" reason for dismissal is "insufficient evidence," AKA none whatsoever.

Although there are still some misdemeanor charges with which to deal, we should probably wait until we see which offences the Bexar County DA will be charging the offending (not to mention extremely overweight and obviously under-trained) oath-breakers in Olmos Park before rendering any kind of final judgement.

Carry on.

TXOC16

Bravo!
And as you said, "hardly unexpected". Anyone keeping up would come to the same conclusion that there was insufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anyone who has even a passing interest in this borderline-comical issue (well, it's comical unless you're Jim, C.J., Jack, or Joanne ;)) has already concluded as a result of the hasty retreat and cowardly actions of the opposing parties that the stink on this one will, rightfully, linger for a long, long time and, hopefully, result in significant financial enrichment of the offended and injured parties.

Oh, and to add to the ongoing comedy of this tragedy, the misspelling of the word "insufficient" as "insufficent" on the dismissal order itself is doubly amusing as it's an indication that this particular Bexar County magistrate's office may be employing ignorant, uneducated, low-IQ Olmos Park PD bullies as clerks during those times that they aren't busy willfully violating the Constitutional rights of otherwise law-abiding U.S. citizens.

Carry on!

Fallschirjmäger

More than a few times I've looked at something I've typed and then d̶e̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶ Deliberately M̶i̶s̶p̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ Misspelled just to make sure 'Autocorrect' was working is e̶m̶b̶a̶r̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶y̶ embarrassingly high. I shudder to think of what my life would be like if I had to write words based just on memory.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
More than a few times I've looked at something I've typed and then d̶e̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶ Deliberately M̶i̶s̶p̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ Misspelled just to make sure 'Autocorrect' was working is e̶m̶b̶a̶r̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶y̶ embarrassingly high. I shudder to think of what my life would be like if I had to write words based just on memory.

Memory is the second thing to go. Do you remember the first? :p

TXOC16

Given current circumstances, my suspicion is that they will be writing that particular word/phase so frequently and repetitively that it will become forever ingrained upon their fragile little psyche(s). It would be nice if they could at least spell the two simple and common words properly, but if not, I'll be more than happy to continue to point out their collective ignorance.

Carry on.

TXOC16

All charges against both Jim and C.J. have been dropped, including all pending misdemeanors.