• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio's new laws

Mr Birdman

I am from Pa and on occasion I travel into Ohio for various reasons. I have had no problems OCing. It is no fun having to load and un-load every time I :confused:get out of the car. I was told that Ohio has changed their laws and they now will honor my CC permit from Pa. Does any one have any info on that?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

JustaShooter

After March 23, Ohio's new law (Am. Sub. H.B. 234) takes effect. One of the provisions is that Ohio will now recognize a license from any state, even those we don't have a reciprocal agreement with, for nonresidents. So, as a PA resident with a PA license, OH will start recognizing it on March 23 and you will no longer need to disarm and store it when you enter a motor vehicle.

See http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/109.69v2 Section (B) (3):
(3) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is not a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state, regardless of whether the other license-issuing state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section, and the person is temporarily in this state, during the time that the person is temporarily in this state the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

Last edited:

Werz

After March 23, Ohio's new law (Am. Sub. H.B. 234) takes effect. One of the provisions is that Ohio will now recognize a license from any state, even those we don't have a reciprocal agreement with, for nonresidents. So, as a PA resident with a PA license, OH will start recognizing it on March 23 and you will no longer need to disarm and store it when you enter a motor vehicle.
... as long as you don't take up residence in Ohio or stay more than six months. Even after March 23rd, there is no full reciprocity between Ohio and Pennsylvania, and given what I have heard about the Pennsylvania Attorney General, that doesn't appear likely to happen.

Mr Birdman

Going to Ohio

See http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/109.69v2 Section (B) (3):

It is now April I think I will go to Ohio now and enjoy the freedom I have here in Pa. :banana::banana: