• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio and Indiana Just a signature away.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Both are just waiting their governors signatures.

Then they well become the 22nd and 23rd sates to have permit less carry.

With others still in play we might hit 25 this year.

defcon4

Alabama has a permit less bill pending. It was approved by the Senate and then by the House with a few modifications. It has been sent back to Senate for final approval. Hopefully it wont get stalled in Committee. Nowhere near Constitutional Carry but it is better than what we have currently. Of course the majority of the Sheriffs are against the bill, most likely because of the revenue stream (permit fees) they will lose. Hoping to see it's final passage in the Senate and sent to the Governor soon.

solus

since you didn't provide any cites FI, allow me to quantify your information...
Both are just waiting their governors signatures.

Then they well become the 22nd and 23rd sates to have permit less carry.

With others still in play we might hit 25 this year.

well seems the buckeye legislature has in fact put language into their statute(s) which states, quote:
Sec. 2923.111 B(2): "...a person who is a qualifying adult may carry a concealed handgun that is not a restricted firearm anywhere in this state in which a person who has been issued a concealed handgun license may carry a concealed handgun."

Seems as of 3 March the hoosier legislature is in a maybe have a dichotomy going on the hallowed chambers, Fox 59 quote:

INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana lawmakers are resuming efforts to drop handgun carry permits for many Hoosiers.
With the end of the legislative session days away, lawmakers have brought back legislation to allow many Hoosiers to carry handguns without a permit, even though an amended version was killed in the Senate last week.
During a brief conference committee hearing Wednesday morning, Republicans unveiled a plan to turn an unrelated drug-scheduling bill into the permitless carry proposal. unquote.

ps FI, et al., NRA-ILA's information might be extremely biased and premature at times...

solus

Alabama has a permit less bill pending. It was approved by the Senate and then by the House with a few modifications. It has been sent back to Senate for final approval. Hopefully it wont get stalled in Committee. Nowhere near Constitutional Carry but it is better than what we have currently. Of course the majority of the Sheriffs are against the bill, most likely because of the revenue stream (permit fees) they will lose. Hoping to see it's final passage in the Senate and sent to the Governor soon.
per 9 March 2022 article in Montgomery Advertiser, quote:
A bill that would allow the carrying of concealed firearms without a permit is headed to a conference committee amid a dispute between the House and Senate over language related to crime.

The House voted 71 to 13 (with 16 abstentions) to not agree to the Senate's changes to the bill, HB 272. Rep. Shane Stringer, R-Citronelle, said during the debate he had concerns with a section that would allow police to take the weapons of a person they have a "reasonable belief" had committed a crime. unquote.

once again the NRA-ILA relied on the associated press to wave the flag instead of doing their own background verification...sigh...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Both bills (Ohio and Kentucky) when signed or as a matter of law goes into effect (by the end of July) will make all the states I frequent (TN, KY, IN, OH) not requiring a license. My present license expires the end of Oct. The only disadvantage is when purchasing a firearm the license avoids background check. Frankly, I'm 72 and don't plan on buying anymore toys. And I don't play the game: Who dies first with the most toys wins.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The Alabama bill passed the committee and is headed to the governors desk
I took a little time and read over the statutes involved in this legislation and I can't find anything benefiting gunowners. From what I read AL is not a second amendment state. There are way too many restrictions.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Well you can have nothing or you can have something,

You might want a whole loaf of bread but only end up with the heel.

At least you have more then you had before.