• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Flyer

dmatting

yes yes, take a breath and look at the bottom of xxx.901 when the silly crap was initally established,

Eff. February 1, 1976; Amended Eff. October 1, 1984; January 1, 1983;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 2, 1997;

Temporary Amendment Expired September 29, 1998;Amended Eff. January 1, 2014; April 1, 1999.
the state had barely entered our CC infancy period!

as stated 2015's codified legislation on state exemption, coupled with the statues which state CC'rs can carry in state parks and on waterways is ample proof someone just failed to heed the statutory guidance.

finally, GS143B-135.16 states the Department shall make reasonable rules, this is not a reasonable rule as it volates other state statutes.
None of what you are saying means a hill of beans. As it stands right now, if you go into a state park OCing, you can be arrested and charges brought against you.

by the way, knock off the condescending attitude, not needed, nor appreciated!
You're kidding, right? I re-read what I wrote, and can't find the condescension anywhere - unless you are referring to proper sentence structure and spelling. (Now, *that* was condescending :lol:)

as for the no gun signage...how many newbies know they do not carry the weight of law, how many know the clerk cannot trespass them, as stated a clarifying comment regarding them might just be helpful?
Being charged with trespassing is already mentioned in the flyer.

Va_Nemo

Glad I found that flyer. I will be visiting Emerald Isle late summer and that answers many many questions. If you see a rather pudgy white haired guy with a holster on his swimsuit, it might be me. If its a thong, it ain't.

The really nice thing I found is the Chapel Hill OC ordinance. But my EDC is a S&W 5906. Bigger than 6" so its good open.

Its stainless so even at the beach its good. No worry about rusting.

Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Glad I found that flyer. I will be visiting Emerald Isle late summer and that answers many many questions. If you see a rather pudgy white haired guy with a holster on his swimsuit, it might be me. If its a thong, it ain't.

The really nice thing I found is the Chapel Hill OC ordinance. But my EDC is a S&W 5906. Bigger than 6" so its good open.

Its stainless so even at the beach its good. No worry about rusting.

Nemo
Stainless steel can rust.

https://www.theruststore.com/Can-stainless-steel-rust-W71.aspx

Va_Nemo

When it needs cleaning, I strip it way down, remover the rubber grips, scrub it with warm soapy water, rinse very well, rag dry it, including nooks and crannys, and bake in a 200 degree oven for half hour. Any cleaning issues get #9 and brass wire brush. Good greasing up with #9 lube oil and all is reliable.

No issues and I am comfortable knowing it will work each, every and any time I need it.

Nemo

Last edited: