• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

MamaLiberty

What does the "permit" have to do with it?

Home Depot Loss Prevention Officer Sure Is Glad There Was a Concealed Carry Permit Holder Around

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...e-was-a-concealed-carry-permit-holder-around/

Who needs to carry a firearm at Home Deport right?

If the person who came to their aid had not had a "permit" would you be ok with all of them being killed or injured? The "permit" doesn't enable people to defend themselves and others, and is only a bureaucratic barrier to more being willing to do that. The relevant fact is that the man had a gun, and obviously knew how to use it.

It takes a good person with a gun (man or woman) to stop a bad person with a gun, whether or not they have the stupid piece of paper.

protias

If the person who came to their aid had not had a "permit" would you be ok with all of them being killed or injured? The "permit" doesn't enable people to defend themselves and others, and is only a bureaucratic barrier to more being willing to do that. The relevant fact is that the man had a gun, and obviously knew how to use it.

It takes a good person with a gun (man or woman) to stop a bad person with a gun, whether or not they have the stupid piece of paper.

All I did was copied and pasted the article title...

MamaLiberty

All I did was copied and pasted the article title...

No problem with that, protias... just asking. Why don't more people ignore the damned "permit" crap, or protest the use of it like this?

The good Samaritan intervened with a GUN, not a "permit." If all he'd been "holding" was the "permit," they might all be dead. That's all I'm trying to point out, not criticizing you. :)

protias

No problem with that, protias... just asking. Why don't more people ignore the damned "permit" crap, or protest the use of it like this?

The good Samaritan intervened with a GUN, not a "permit." If all he'd been "holding" was the "permit," they might all be dead. That's all I'm trying to point out, not criticizing you. :)

I could go into a long diatribe of the whole "permit" thing, but I'll summarize it, rights are given from above, they are not taxed.

wimwag

I don't care if he has a permit or not. My brother is a convicted felon, if he pulls a gun on someone who is robbing and may kill me, I will be eternally grateful. And say thanks bro!

you're intentionally missing the point, which is simply this.. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

wimwag

Detroit Thugs Shoot Grandma Three Times

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ter-they-learn-why-her-nickname-is-now-rambo/

Who needs to carry a firearm outside the home right?

The name "Rambo" gets overused. Most people do not know when they are shot. Falling down when shot is a learned response...all this goes back to television sensationalism. The movie, the nickname, the learned behaviors...bleh. I train with the assumption my attacker will not fall until he goes into shock.

wimwag

6e9etypy