• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Open Carrying (OC) In WI, Here's what you should know

solus

wow, took you over four (4) years to research those and post em...

good job!

solus

And the next time you plan on visiting WI is when? Why the snide remark anyway? To show everyone how "smart" you are?

oh, didn't wish to public humiliate you but I guess you didn't get nightmare's invitation to the Burn's dinner ~ shame as your 'smile' might have been missed...

how did you word it, oh ya...quote: you would think a man of your age would act more civil...unquote

Jerry Skyler

Open carry

I’m 19 years old and just want to make sure that’s it’s legal for me to open carry a pistol in Wisconsin . Also when I’m driving, how do I transport my pistol when openly carrying. I’ve also heard people say that you can’t open carry with one in the chamber without a ccw.

protias

I’m 19 years old and just want to make sure that’s it’s legal for me to open carry a pistol in Wisconsin . Also when I’m driving, how do I transport my pistol when openly carrying. I’ve also heard people say that you can’t open carry with one in the chamber without a ccw.
You can OC at 18. You can OC in your car without a CCL, though some cops will try to say you are CCing, but that is false (see statutes above). You can carry with a cartridge in the chamber. There is no statute that says otherwise, not to mention, how will anyone know if you have one in the chamber or not unless they check it? However, if you live in Milwaukee, chances are pretty good you are in one of those "wonderful" GFSZs.

Last edited: