• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC's nefarious Legislature at it again...

solus

first i am well aware of this forum's policy of discussing LGs!

HB 1209 introduced 26 May 2020 changes to 14-402 ~ purchase of handguns require citizens to have Pistol Purchase Permit or CHP is changing the statute to read:

"§ 14-402. Sale of certain weapons without permit forbidden.
(a) It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation in this State to sell, give away, or transfer, or to purchase or receive, at any place within this State from any other place within or without the State any pistol pistol, assault weapon, or long gun unless: ...

bc.cruiser

This is a pared down version of the bill she introduced in May 2019 (Gun Violence Prevention Act https://webservices.ncleg.gov/ViewBillDocument/2019/289/0/DRH10046-ML-28). That one was so all-inclusive that it went to "incarceration". Per the antis' plan, she is now working by incremental means. Get this one in, and then go for the points not accepted last time. When I first read this I thought maybe either Justin Trudeau or Feinstein has relocated to Charlotte.