• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Move this Forum

WOD

I was under the impression that guns aren't allowed in DC,outside of the home, so why is there an OC thread for DC? OC =Arrested no?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I was under the impression that guns aren't allowed in DC,outside of the home, so why is there an OC thread for DC? OC =Arrested no?
The raison d'etre of this forum, its point is to advocate for expansion of the right to openly carry a gun. The long gun prohibition is even set aside for Kalifornistan as a legal route to gun carry.

On topic, I think that moving DC to the Territories would be a good idea and maybe, distantly, a thumb in EH-N's already black-eye.

Sonora Rebel

The obvious often escapes us. DC is not a state... therefore it rightfully belongs in the U.S. possessions and territories category.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

Then, those in the Territories and Possessions would also complain. How about creating a new section, DISTRICTS, to provide for what it is? :cool:

streetdoc

If DC wants to be a state so bad we just need to get Congress to give it back to the State it belonged to. Virginia took their part back, Maryland should be required to take theirs back. DC Statehood, problem solved.

rushcreek2

The existing 50 UNITED States of America have 100 elected Senators representing their sovereign, federated interests in the Union headquartered in Washington, the District of Columbia.

The admission of any new additional state, or states into the Union is subject to the consent of a minimum of at least 38 states represented by the unanimous vote of their 2 respective Senators. Since the U.S. Constitution governing the UNITED several states requires that 3/4 of the existing states ratify ANY amendment to the Constitution - admission to that very Union necessarily requires the same 3/4 consenting approval.

The former President John Quincy Adams , and subsequent member of the House of Representatives so argued in 1845 against the admission of Texas into the Union by a mere Joint Resolution of Congress.

Otherwise a cabal of like-minded states could achieve political dominance by conspiring to admit new states sympathetic to their agenda - thus threatening the very fragile, and tenuous alliance enjoyed by the Union.

Washington, the District of Columbia can never be admitted as a state because it exists by definition as the very seat of government for the already existing 50 United States of America.

Accordingly, this is why many citizens of the Republic of Texas still very seriously entertain the notion of withdrawing their participation in that Union at some point in time.

Last edited: