• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOCA Name Change

Lepine1

Gun Owners of Maine Go-ME

The Gun Owners of AMerica is a huge popular group we should jum on that band wagon and open the group to more people with gun interest. We can still have active discussions on Open carry and have it as our base sub group. At present, we do not have the support to get Open Carry as a stand alone group. Be Safe Al

jonjon_jon

The Gun Owners of AMerica is a huge popular group we should jum on that band wagon and open the group to more people with gun interest. We can still have active discussions on Open carry and have it as our base sub group. At present, we do not have the support to get Open Carry as a stand alone group. Be Safe Al

We will be swallowed Al. I carry concealed most of the time. I also don't always carry in my daily routine. I do support the cause of open carry because I believe a un-exercised right is a right lost. (I believe in our Founding Father's vision for our nation). I support Opencarry.org for that reason. I would like to see MOCA gain some footing and have a reason to exist! If you read my other post under Food for Thought you'll understand I for one see no reason/purpose for us to continue if we don't clearly excercise our beliefs. What is the point! I certainly would like to see growth and understand why you feel the way you do. If you want to be member of
Gun owners of America that's fine with me and I support you. I would support you being member of the NRA also. I want to support opencarry.org and those that believe in this cause. I can't follow you on a journey to become a member of Gun Owners if that's not where my heart is, that sir is the issue you'll have with trying to become something we're not just to gain the numbers. (With all due respect. I know you're trying to help.)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
We will be swallowed Al. I carry concealed most of the time. I also don't always carry in my daily routine. I do support the cause of open carry because I believe a un-exercised right is a right lost. (I believe in our Founding Father's vision for our nation). I support Opencarry.org for that reason. I would like to see MOCA gain some footing and have a reason to exist! If you read my other post under Food for Thought you'll understand I for one see no reason/purpose for us to continue if we don't clearly excercise our beliefs. What is the point! I certainly would like to see growth and understand why you feel the way you do. If you want to be member of
Gun owners of America that's fine with me and I support you. I would support you being member of the NRA also. I want to support opencarry.org and those that believe in this cause. I can't follow you on a journey to become a member of Gun Owners if that's not where my heart is, that sir is the issue you'll have with trying to become something we're not just to gain the numbers. (With all due respect. I know you're trying to help.)

I'm torn, I know that what Al says is correct. I also admire Jon's position. But, why don't we have both? Our biggest issue is the fact that people think**** that we don't support concealed carry. If they KNEW that we supported BOTH concealed carry AND open carry, they would flock to us. That would give us some real teeth and allow us to further both causes. Where it stands now, we don't have the massive numbers to really be able to lobby.

If we change the name, but do not change the passion/drive/motive, only expand upon it... I don't see how we are betraying ourselves or losing our stance? We will always fiercely defend OC, as well as CC... we will be doing the exact same thing that we are doing now, the only difference will be that people will understand that we are doing it.

scott58dh

GO-ME Impromptu Meet ?

:monkey I know this isn't the right thread on this forum site to bring forth this info, however, on
:banana:Jan. 21 & 22 there is a Gun Show in Augusta Civic Center. :lol: Saturday Hours are 9-5 / Sunday Hrs. 9-2 Admission = $8 :cool:

:D I was hoping that We might be able to meet up just for the fun of it. I plan attending the Saturday event at around 10am.

I'll be wearing a Green Carhart jacket and a Cowboy hat.

If it's possible to respond to this before the event arrives, I guess reply thru this Thread, IF it's acceptable to do so.

Hope to see y'all there and, I'll buy the first round of Coffee's ! ;<)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
---snip---

Jan. 21 & 22 there is a Gun Show in Augusta Civic Center. :lol: Saturday Hours are 9-5 / Sunday Hrs. 9-2 Admission = $8 :cool:

:D I was hoping that We might be able to meet up just for the fun of it. I plan attending the Saturday event at around 10am.

If it's possible to respond to this before the event arrives, I guess reply thru this Thread, IF it's acceptable to do so.

Post a separate thread and get a stickey.
Edit: Did it for you.
smile.png

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ic-Center-1-21-amp-1-22&p=1680013#post1680013

Can you carry/OC with zip tied handgun in the show? If not, even an empty holster delivers a message.
+ a sign on your back, "Ask me about MOCA" or Go-Me.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

I'm torn, I know that what Al says is correct. I also admire Jon's position. But, why don't we have both? Our biggest issue is the fact that people think**** that we don't support concealed carry. If they KNEW that we supported BOTH concealed carry AND open carry, they would flock to us. That would give us some real teeth and allow us to further both causes. Where it stands now, we don't have the massive numbers to really be able to lobby.

If we change the name, but do not change the passion/drive/motive, only expand upon it... I don't see how we are betraying ourselves or losing our stance? We will always fiercely defend OC, as well as CC... we will be doing the exact same thing that we are doing now, the only difference will be that people will understand that we are doing it.

I can't take it no longer, I have to reply:) I hoped someone else would chime in.

Shane, Al, The reason this discussion began is because of the lack of funds and where we should spend them. I agree with both of you that concealed carriers should be part of our base, but we should primarily be a open carry organization or what's the point! We have very little money to work with and we need to decide where that money should be spent. I feel we should use our funds to gain more support and funding. Not on a name change. As is true in politics we should go after our base. If that make some uncomfortable so be it. The point I'm making is the letter we're forming shouldn't be watered down to please the center, but should have red meat in it for the base and explain why we believe in open carry for those in the center. I believe our mission statement which should go with the name will/should explain that we do support concealed carried. It's just one man's opinion and we all have one.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
:monkey I know this isn't the right thread on this forum site to bring forth this info, however, on
:banana:Jan. 21 & 22 there is a Gun Show in Augusta Civic Center. :lol: Saturday Hours are 9-5 / Sunday Hrs. 9-2 Admission = $8 :cool:

sadly i don't think i can go... i think i have to work.

scott58dh

Open/CCW Carry @ Gun Show= NOT !

No you cannot. Our insurance requires all firearms must be unloaded.
Pat
----- Original Message -----
To: dipromo@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:00 AM
Subject: ccw @ event

Is it acceptable to conceal carry at this event ?

Sorry for the bad news guys, but you know what they say..."Right from the Horses mouth." TTYL

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

Name Change

Hi, if you're surfing the web and just found us Maine Open Carry Association name has been changed to Go Me. Our members follow this web site but haven't been as active as of late. We have a forum on facebook which is growing daily and would love to have you as a friend a supporter and a member of Go Me. Would you please join us http://www.facebook.com/groups/gunownersofmaine/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hi, if you're surfing the web and just found us Maine Open Carry Association name has been changed to Go Me. Our members follow this web site but haven't been as active as of late. We have a forum on facebook which is growing daily and would love to have you as a friend a supporter and a member of Go Me. Would you please join us http://www.facebook.com/groups/gunownersofmaine/

Actually Maine Open Carry Association (MOCA) has accomplished a name change to Gun Owners of Maine (GO-ME)

Shane's post indicates that is spelled with all caps and with a hyphen.
http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/...ting-and-dinner-February-11th-at-7-30pm/page2