• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan bans open carry inside State capitol

hammer6

saw this and wanted to share: https://apnews.com/article/michigan-ban-open-carry-state-capitol-c0596cd7c8823604d56a395166a810ea

A spokeswoman for incoming House Speaker Jason Wentworth said he wants everyone to abide by the rule, even though he doesn’t believe the commission had the right to issue it.

“The speaker is grateful for the work of the Capitol Commission, but it does not have the authority to set policy in the Capitol,” Lynn Afendoulis said in a news release. ”The speaker will be looking at options for handling that moving forward. In the meantime, the Michigan State Police will be enforcing the new ruling.”

solus

The MI commission has banned OPEN Carry only...of LGs? Handguns?

and where is the outrage about this on the MI gun owners forum?
[sidebar...a google search states: [https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...&ved=0ahUKEwiB5bGC5JbuAhXPxVkKHUvdBecQ4dUDCA0]

Michigan Gun Owners Community Forum - Powered by vBulletinwww.migunowners.org › forum › forum
Forum devoted to women's firearm issues. Notice: This forum will be aggressively moderated to maintain the proper decorum for its intended participants.]

Further where is the notices of lawsuits being filed against this travesty?

the wishy washy response from the MI legislative body tells it all...they do not care but thanks for keeping my political name in front of the public...

Last edited: