• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine CCW permit wait times when going through local PD

PiercedMaineOC

Just spoke with Internal Affairs. My medical release from Riverview finally came back, and it has been sent to the the Lt. who I was told glances at it real quick then passes it on to the Chief, or in this case the Assistant Chief since the Chief is out of town at the moment. Was told I should have a letter in the mail by the end of next week. Here's hoping! It's only been 95 days...

boyscout399

Good to know.

Details?

I don't think I still have the emails, but I sent one when my permit stretched to 60 days with the State Police. I also sent two after detainments that I audio recorded where police admitted that they had no reason to stop me and stopped me anyway. The AG basically said that such matters were internal and I should complain to the departments. The AG didn't care that Maine law was broken...

SPOProds

Got it. Thanks being new to ME i don't know much about what has been done, and am trying to get down what needs to be done next. I've done alot of work in CT getting permits issued, bringing departmentsto the fact OC is legal in CT along with some other things.

PiercedMaineOC

Just got an email from the Admin Assistant of Internal Affairs of PPD. CWP has been approved! She's sending the letter today! Unofficial time 104 days. Will update with official time once letter is received.

Maine Expat

Still waiting....................

Sorry for the necro post, but it seemed better than starting a new thread.

I sent in my App late Aug 2012 and if my parents (my HOR while I'm overseas) are right, I still haven't heard anything from the State. I emailed Lt Ireland (listed on the State site as the Dept. CO last week and still haven't heard back.

Can anyone tell me what the envelope looks like? ie; Plain wrapper or does it have a return addy that says it's from the ME State Police, etc? Is there a different POC to inquire to? Hoping my 80 yo mom didn't think it was a cc junk mailing and toss the darned thing.

Thanks gang,

PS Things are going great over on this side of the pond, but I feel nekid as a jay bird without my Bersa on my hip. Hope we can have a meet up this summer (Jun-Aug) when me n the missus are in town again.

@MainelyGlock

That deal with the citation for after dark OC is WAY messed up. Glad to see it turned out good for ya! Keep that video recorder running in Portland.

Maine Expat

WOOT!

Your permit was issued and mailed out on Feb. 6. Please call me if you have any further questions regarding this.

Thank you!

Yahoo! No unloading/reloading every time I get in and out of the truck! :banana::banana::banana:

ddb maine

I'll be jumping through this hoop next. My concern is more that jurisdiction in my town is swapped between york county sheriff and State Police month to month...
Class is on the 9th and paperwork will be going in shortly thereafter.
updates to come

SPOProds

I'll be jumping through this hoop next. My concern is more that jurisdiction in my town is swapped between york county sheriff and State Police month to month...
Class is on the 9th and paperwork will be going in shortly thereafter.
updates to come

Good luck. Have fun at the class. Who's doing the class?

ddb maine

Good luck. Have fun at the class. Who's doing the class?

Weaponcraft. Have heard a lot of good things. They were referred from a friend. Should be a good time. Unfortunately, due to our current climate I can't get my hands on another magazine, Hoping I can dig something up soon. sd40 14rd anyone?

SPOProds

Weaponcraft. Have heard a lot of good things. They were referred from a friend. Should be a good time. Unfortunately, due to our current climate I can't get my hands on another magazine, Hoping I can dig something up soon. sd40 14rd anyone?

I've heard good things about WeaponCraft as well. Hope you find another mag or 2

ddb maine

Well it took the state police 3 weeks to lose my copy of birth certificate... Really odd, So this time I stapled everything 7 times. (wise guy) So technically I'm at 5 weeks, but it would appear it takes 3 weeks to get to someones desk. I don't know if it was the first or last in line. there were a few different stamps on the returned document so it was rather obvious that it got lost along the way.

ddb maine

So they honored my march 12 submission date. Even then I'm still at least 2-3 months out. I'm told they are around 3000 permits behind... that's a long line.
They are saying 150 days from submission. That's wild.

SPOProds

Someone that's been waiting longer than the statutory time limit needs to file a writ of mandamus or something similar