• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas eliminates permit requirement for concealed handgun carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article17223761.html

SNIP

TOPEKA —

Kansans will be able to carry a concealed weapon without a permit or training under a bill signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday.

SB 45, which kicks in July 1, will make Kansas the sixth state in the nation to allow “constitutional carry.” It will allow Kansans 21 or older to carry concealed firearms regardless of whether they’ve obtained a permit.

Training still will be required for anyone who wants to carry a concealed gun in the 36 states that accept Kansas permits.

. . .

Sonora Rebel

Constitutional Carry

Congratulations Kansas! Welcome to the Club! :) Of Note... I think 'anyone' within Kansas state border not otherwise prohibited may 'carry' as they please. This is the deal in Arizona, not limited to 'residents only'.

WalkingWolf

THE NRA backs "permitless" carry - is this a first? Talk has always been that they wanted to keep the permit system rolling w/fees coming in to their instructors.
https://www.nraila.org/email/grassroots-alerts/2015/vol-22-no-13-04032015/

Hopefully those at the top are realizing the distress they have caused with pushing training, and permit laws. They made a huge fubar with their tongue lashing of OCT, and had to back off. That said I would like to know how much support they gave the bill, or did they just jump on the bandwagon when they realized it was going to be successful. Like they did with Heller.

I still will not give them any of my money, it will take a lot more to undue the harm they have caused over decades.

HP995

Congratulations Kansas!

Two victories in two years. Love Kansas. Beautiful, smart state. Good leaders.

The NRA is starting to change for the better.

Whether they backed it early or late, in the end it's a precedent for their future efforts.

press1280

SCSCHNUR

I continue to renew my concealed carry as you will need one in many states. It is still a good idea to get training as it is invaluable as most can't shoot very well and could stand with some training. Just look at the cops shoot 60 times and subject hit only 4 or 5 times..
And that is no joke. You see this every time that it is shown. That is how innocent people get shot. Just spray bullets. Learn to hit what you aim at takes practice and if you are going to carry a weapon for any reason please practice.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Welcome to open carry.

Having trained thousands of people over the last 40 plus years.

After someone has been taught.

It is up to them to make sure they utilize that training going forward.

I have seen far to many think that trained once trained for ever.

They never take further training or continue learning or practice on their own.

Yes one can train yourself takes dedication.

Here's the break down of gun owners no matter who civilian, police, military.

I have trained them all.

90 percent own a firearm and never do much at all with it or try and improve their skill levels.

7 percent are more active train/practice continue their learning some what often.

3 percent are the "gun guys" they shoot/train/practice/compete live and eat firearms more then most the 90%
could ever dream of.

People can or do move in and out of each percentage at different stages of their lives.

MarlinPibly

I'm very happy to have discovered your web blog, it is really what my friends and I have been dreaming for. The details on this website is very helpful and is going to help my family and friends a ton. It looks like the site has a lot of specifics concerning the stuff I am interested in and other pages and information also show it. I'm not typically on the net all of the time however when I get a break i'm always searching for this type of factual information and things closely related to it. I have a couple of my friends that have picked up an interest in this because of all that I have gathered about it and they are definitely to visit the website since it's such an awesome treasure. I'm also interested in government issues and coping with the constant twists and turns in government. If anyone gets a chance, check out at my site. Tacoma Headshot Photographer