• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justifying the State of Emergency. Virginia Capital on Edge as F.B.I. Arrests Suspected Neo-Nazis Before Gun Rally NYT

user

Accomplished Advocate
I find it ironic that the fascists like Governor Blackhead use "neo-nazis" as an excuse to declare a "state of emergency". Even more absurd in that the guys on whom they blame the cause of the "emergency" had already been arrested and posed no threat. I wish more people were aware of the history of Germany between 1920 and 1935 so they'd be able to see the parallels to here and now. How, for example, is "moms demand action" different from "hitler youth"?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I find it ironic that the fascists like Governor Blackhead use "neo-nazis" as an excuse to declare a "state of emergency". Even more absurd in that the guys on whom they blame the cause of the "emergency" had already been arrested and posed no threat. I wish more people were aware of the history of Germany between 1920 and 1935 so they'd be able to see the parallels to here and now. How, for example, is "moms demand action" different from "hitler youth"?
The answer to your question is yes, "moms demand action" = "Hitler youth". The problem is the so called gun community that says "We Shall Not Comply" complies. No guts, no glory. They had the opportunity to to reverse the trend, but they chose to fold. Flapping your jaw is not fighting back. "[T]he right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" they failed to do.

2a4all

"Two leagues also existed for girls. The League of German Girls (Bund Deutscher Mädel) trained girls ages 14 to 18 for comradeship, domestic duties, and motherhood. Jungmädel (“Young Girls”) was an organization for girls ages 10 to 14. "

MDAs are older?

user

Accomplished Advocate
"Two leagues also existed for girls. The League of German Girls (Bund Deutscher Mädel) trained girls ages 14 to 18 for comradeship, domestic duties, and motherhood. Jungmädel (“Young Girls”) was an organization for girls ages 10 to 14. "

MDAs are older?
It's the level and quality of organization for a political purpose that I find interesting as a parallel. Another factor is that "women and children" sort of fall into the same category, on an emotional level. How can one justify any attack on a "mom", after all, any more than they could attack "youth", as agents of a subversive campaign?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It's the level and quality of organization for a political purpose that I find interesting as a parallel. Another factor is that "women and children" sort of fall into the same category, on an emotional level. How can one justify any attack on a "mom", after all, any more than they could attack "youth", as agents of a subversive campaign?
You mean this?
1581354984534.png

user

Accomplished Advocate

If that's a "mom", I think the future of our society is in worse shape than I'd previously imagined. Looks like a person in victim-mode, motivated completely by fear. My religious perspective kicks in when I see stuff like that; on the one hand, I think we should pray for such people so they may have a chance to get better. On the other, I'm reminded of the quote from Leviticus, "neither shalt thou suffer a witch to live". The ancient Israelites had a corporate theory of society in which people who perpetuated evil were treated as diseased members to be eradicated so that the culture of the society could improve. My theory is that the word translated as "witch" in that context is a person who has, himself, been abused and depersonalized, resulting in the internalization of "victim mode" including the view that depersonalization of others is OK, and even normal. Clearly a danger to society when such axiomatic norms are transmitted to others. Hence the saying among the social workers, that victims of abuse tend to grow up to be abusers. I hope that woman does not have children.

OC for ME

...she may have a ways to go before she has kids...Born: Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg, Jan 3, 2003, Stockholm, Sweden...I suspect that her views on tree hugging will likely mitigate any chance that she will bring any direct threats to the environment into existence...