• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just did an interview with NBC 12

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

HPmatt

So there is going to have a VA reward hotline for reporting 'gun-violators'...

Don't know who in VA knows how state constitution, gun laws and criminal statutes all compare up against rights of the Governor's executive order, but think this type of Diktat can't be done just because a Tyrant says so. Would think some Legislators, pro-gun groups, and constitutional group attorneys have some work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So there is going to have a VA reward hotline for reporting 'gun-violators'...

Don't know who in VA knows how state constitution, gun laws and criminal statutes all compare up against rights of the Governor's executive order, but think this type of Diktat can't be done just because a Tyrant says so. Would think some Legislators, pro-gun groups, and constitutional group attorneys have some work to do.

Dear HP -

You already have my address. Please send my winnings via Registered Mail, Return Receipt Requested, fully insured.

Having gotten that out of the way - re: your above - Wanna bet?

Short answer - yes the Governor can, yes the Governor did, and yes it will take a new/different Governor to rescind the EO.

The Legislature cannot do a darned thing. Please go back to your Civics 101 class and review the chapter on three branches of government. The best the General Assembly can do is rewrite the law so that a violation of an Executive order and/or a Virginia Administrative Code regulation is a civil penalty crime as opposed to the current status as a misdemeanor. But that offers only some relief, as in Virginia law we can not only be arrested for trespass for violating the EO but possibly for brandishing or assault/aggravated assault without the handgunn ever leaving the holster. We might beat the rap in court, but that takes time and money and messes up families and jobs.

stay safe.

HPmatt

Thank goodness our Governor here in Texas is weak - can't do much of anything w/o Legislature approval. That might explain why there has been limited OC and CC in Texas for almost 100 years, unlike the Constitutional Gold Star state of VA [emoji7]

I guess I can call the hotline from Texas on you and collect...[emoji601][emoji714][emoji383][emoji383]!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

I guess I can call the hotline from Texas on you and collect...[emoji601][emoji714][emoji383][emoji383]!!

The way it should be - havta come collect in person and have your picture taken. Lot like having a winning lottery ticket.

People will want to know who you are. :uhoh: