• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction & Thanks

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I started off as a Tin Can GunnersMate during the summer of '68. "Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call."

I understand Penna is a hard state to OC, is that true? How are your personal experiences on a day to day basis?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Open carry is legal except in vehicles without a license and the city of Philadelphia.

Article I - § 21. Right to bear arms.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Article l - § 25. Reservation of powers in people.
To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Like Texas, Article I - Section 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution denies the government the authority to regulate the bearing of arms, period.

The Bosun

I started off as a Tin Can GunnersMate during the summer of '68. "Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call."

I understand Penna is a hard state to OC, is that true? How are your personal experiences on a day to day basis?
Hello, MSG. GM was an attractive rate back in the day (I graduated from Boot Camp in '81). As for OC, I haven't had anything more than perhaps a few raised eyebrows on occasion. No real issues, at all.

The Bosun

Open carry is legal except in vehicles without a license and the city of Philadelphia.

Article I - § 21. Right to bear arms.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Article l - § 25. Reservation of powers in people.
To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Like Texas, Article I - Section 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution denies the government the authority to regulate the bearing of arms, period.
And we darn well like it that way.

The Bosun

If I might somehow remove Philadelphia from the rest of the Commonwealth and transfer ownership to any state foolish enough to accept it, I would do so (they, along with Pittsburgh, are responsible for the Blue Plague from which we must constantly shield our liberties). As it is, one can open carry (or conceal carry, for that matter) in one's vehicle throughout Pennsylvania--including Philadelphia--only if one holds a License To Carry Firearms (LTCF); AKA the "permission slip". This applies also to those from out-of-state provided they are from a state with which Pennsylvania shares reciprocity.

FWIW, there is (once again) a Constitutional carry bill pending in our state legislature.

solus

I'm just glad the migrating New Yorkers and other easterners from anti gun states settled in pitts & philly...but honestly glad it was Pennsylvania who won !

The Bosun

What remains an enigma is why those relocating from blue states to red continue to spread the plague by voting for those of the same ilk from which they've just escaped.