• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In support of HR-822

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

Daylen

Hey guys, just thought you all might want to sign this petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/support-hr-822-national-right-carry-reciprocity-act-2011/FD9zpRf5 I know that it might not do much, but at least it's on the white house website! If we all sign it, it'll at least make Obama think twice. With all the support HR-822 has been receiving this will only help! :)

Nope. The scariest thing to hear is "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". The feds need to stay out of this one. We need fewer Federal laws that are unconstitutional (that would be almost all of them) before the feds think they are qualified to "help" anyone.

Wc

You are scaring us!

Nope. The scariest thing to hear is "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". The feds need to stay out of this one. We need fewer Federal laws that are unconstitutional (that would be almost all of them) before the feds think they are qualified to "help" anyone.

Look, we don't needs your analytics here and you are trying to scaring us for not to vote.

Obama or staff didn't posted it, pro-firearms did, and is need 150 signatures before in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse site.

Maybe you're hurting the fly.

Bottom line is just won't hurting you to sending a message of supporters at largest.

Make your voted is counting of our rights and no matter what's happened.

That's all folks!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What the federal government gives they can take away. National reciprocity is a good idea in theory but a bad idea in practice. One bad federal law can hurt us all. On the other hand a few bad states won't taint the rest of us. The states are much better at passing pro-gun legislation.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Look, we don't needs your analytics here and you are trying to scaring us for not to vote.

Obama or staff didn't posted it, pro-firearms did, and is need 150 signatures before in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse site.

Bottom line is just won't hurting you to sending a message of supporters at largest.

That's all folks!

Did you read this out loud before you sent it? Try it, it makes little to no sense.

oak1971

That's all folks!

Put down the crack pipe.

Daylen

That's all folks!

What?

Seriously, I have no idea what you are trying to get across other than you disagree with me in some way. Please learn to write the English language if you are going to interact on a forum.

Fisherman

Please think before you support this bill. Think about what the feds can do with this. This opens the door to bans all sorts of bad legislation and it shaves off a little bit more of our freedom. Let the states handle it.

Batousaii

WC ESL .. Or you could maybe speak his language... If you think you could...

Be polite guys,

- You ever think that maybe English is Wc's second language, and at least they are speaking English best they can to us. This person might know Two (or more) languages, do you? - And how well do you speak their language? Even if you don't agree, or don't understand, outsiders do read these boards, and how do you want to be viewed as a group (Open Carry as a whole)? Are we a bunch of knuckle dragging tribals with chemically operated blow guns, or are we enlightened armed Americans who profess to encourage freedom, learning and growth?

- I think the hassling and insults i saw there were indeed not the image we claim to up hold. We are supposed to be enlightened to rights and freedoms here, so show it without hypocrisy.

- OR: If you only speak 1 language, You could maybe be so kind as to take the time (and intellect) to learn their language, and maybe that way you could really understand them better... Oh, we are in America, correct, and yes, we speak English here... So maybe give this person due respect for learning and speaking Our language in Our country to the best of their ability... could you do it in another country? how well would you fair? and would you want to be mocked for giving it your best?

Anata wa Wakarimas(?).

Bat.

Last edited:

Daylen

Be polite guys,

- You ever think that maybe English is Wc's second language, and at least they are speaking English best they can to us. This person might know Two (or more) languages, do you? - And how well do you speak their language? Even if you don't agree, or don't understand, outsiders do read these boards, and how do you want to be viewed as a group (Open Carry as a whole)? Are we a bunch of knuckle dragging tribals with chemically operated blow guns, or are we enlightened armed Americans who profess to encourage freedom, learning and growth?

- I think the hassling and insults i saw there were indeed not the image we claim to up hold. We are supposed to be enlightened to rights and freedoms here, so show it without hypocrisy.

- OR: If you only speak 1 language, You could maybe be so kind as to take the time (and intellect) to learn their language, and maybe that way you could really understand them better... Oh, we are in America, correct, and yes, we speak English here... So maybe give this person due respect for learning and speaking Our language in Our country to the best of their ability... could you do it in another country? how well would you fair? and would you want to be mocked for giving it your best?

Anata wa Wakarimas(?).

Bat.

I would rather try to translate someones primary language, assuming they know how to write properly in it. Deciphering gibberish is almost impossible because it fits no standard communication protocol. I was very polite and stayed away from insults, but I refuse to coddle anyone; whether the person is simply trying to use a language that is not their primary one or is not proficient in any language makes no difference.

hermannr

HR 822 only tells the states to cooperate and recognize another states legal act. It does not make any "national law" on carry, what can be carried, or how.

It is no different than if the congress needed to tell the states to recognize anothers states drivers license. In the case of the drivers licenses, the states did that on their own, but that does not mean that Congress cannot tell them to, it just means with drivers licenses, Congress did not need to.

Article IV section 1 of the US Constitution gives Congress the legal right to do this. They do not have to, but they can. This has nothing to do with the commerce clause.

What are you afraid of...HR 822 does not personally apply to any citizen of the US...it only applies to the states themselves, and their relationship with any other state...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I don't want to learn another language. That is why I live in the United States of America. I don't travel to other countries. I don't have a problem with Wc's language skills. Even if you decipher was he is trying to say it still doesn't make sense.

Daylen

HR 822 only tells the states to cooperate and recognize another states legal act. It does not make any "national law" on carry, what can be carried, or how.

It is no different than if the congress needed to tell the states to recognize anothers states drivers license. In the case of the drivers licenses, the states did that on their own, but that does not mean that Congress cannot tell them to, it just means with drivers licenses, Congress did not need to.

Article IV section 1 of the US Constitution gives Congress the legal right to do this. They do not have to, but they can. This has nothing to do with the commerce clause.

What are you afraid of...HR 822 does not personally apply to any citizen of the US...it only applies to the states themselves, and their relationship with any other state...

I don't want them involved. Would you ask someone committing armed burglary against you to help you get out of some speeding tickets?

tim12232

silver

Welcome to National anti-liberty legislation, what can i get you today?

Hi, im a gun carrying citizen and i would like a large order of oppression, not cooked so quickly as to be outrageous, but slowly fried, take away just a little bit of freedom at a time please.

no problem, can i get you anything else?

no, i think one more freedom lost is enough for today, pretty soon you guys will be telling us we cant have trans fats if we want...oh wait....:cuss:

John Canuck

What do you call them in your language? :uhoh: Here we call them threads, on other forums they are called threads. If you click on the links given by the poster above you, you will see that both of those threads start with the same title/subject.

I wondered that myself. It appears many words do not translate well to/from his language.

MilProGuy

Please think before you support this bill. Think about what the feds can do with this. This opens the door to bans all sorts of bad legislation and it shaves off a little bit more of our freedom. Let the states handle it.

Fisherman, I'm prone to agree with your assessment.

Last edited: