• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Improvements in Forum Privacy

G

imported post

jpierce wrote:
In response to a number of PM's and emails, I would like to clarify exactly what information that moderators have access to and announce a change to the forum software that will protect and enhance the privacy of member data.

Moderators have the ability to do the following (and ONLY the following):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Edit posts
- Delete posts
- Close threads
- Open threads

The primary concern that people contacted me about was whether or not moderators had access to personal information such as email addresses. The answer to this is a resounding NO!

However, up until today, moderators did have access to the IP history of a poster. After talking with members who were concerned about the uses to which this data could be put, I have arranged with WowBB to have the forum customized so that this data is no longer available to anyone except myself.

This change went into effect as of 12:10PM, May 15, 2008.

I hope this assuages the fears of those who contacted me. Mike and I will always strive to make this forum as welcoming as possible for all gun owners!
I made a post called "Assault Rifle" If you could delete that I would appreciate it.