• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm glad it was his taser and not his pistol.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for the detail.:confused:

Unfortunately, you link requires a registration to read.

I'm not registering .. I doubt others will too.

solus

wral. capital broadcasting, doesn't have a ping on the story and also quite interesting there is nothing anywhere on the internet about such an event except this small blimp.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From the OP's link:

"The Elizabeth City police officer assaulted by an escaping crime suspect Sunday suffered multiple bite wounds and was shot in the forehead with his own Taser weapon, police said Tuesday."

solus

sorry grape got that much, but as McBeth and I pointed out there is no further info available unless you register to their site.

my contention, as I pointed out, there is nothing else on the internet nor from the major news reporting agency in the state either which seems a tad strange?

just saying. especially after this long...surely someone else would have run with such a great headline.

ipse

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

The Elizabeth City police officer assaulted by an escaping crime suspect Sunday suffered multiple bite wounds and was shot in the forehead with his own Taser weapon, police said Tuesday.

Officer Tim Bateman was treated for his injuries and released from Sentara Albemarle Medical Center, Capt. John Young said.

Meanwhile, the search for Dinari Donkeith Lindsey, the man accused of assaulting Bateman, continues. Lindsey escaped from Bateman’s custody at the Pasquotank magistrate’s office in the county courthouse Sunday.

Details of Lindsey’s escape and his alleged assault on Bateman were released by Elizabeth City police on Tuesday.

According to Young, Bateman arrested Lindsey, 26, at his mother’s home on Walker Avenue on a number of outstanding warrants and took him to the magistrate’s office on Colonial Avenue.

While at the magistrate’s office, Bateman tried to adjust the handcuffs on Lindsey’s wrists. While Bateman was adjusting the handcuffs, Lindsey fled from the magistrate’s office on foot.

Bateman took off in pursuit, Young said, and caught up with Lindsey near the intersection of West Colonial Avenue and Cobb Street.

As Bateman began trying to take Lindsey back into custody, Lindsey took several swings at the officer, Young said.

Bateman fired his Taser weapon, but the device did not fully incapacitate Lindsey, Young said. Lindsey then gained control of the weapon and shot Bateman in the forehead, Young said.

After exchanging more blows with Bateman, Lindsey ran over and climbed into a parked car whose engine was idling. Apparently the driver had left the 2000 white Acura RL running while he stood and watched the altercation between Bateman and Lindsey, Young said.

Lindsey fled in the Acura, driving through yards connected to West Elizabeth Street, Young said. The car was found a short while later in an alley near Parsonage and Beech streets, Young said. Inside the vehicle was Bateman’s Taser weapon, Young said.

Police have obtained arrest warrants for Lindsey charging him with common law robbery, larceny from a person, possession of stolen goods, escape from custody, larceny of a motor vehicle, assault on a government official and resisting a public officer.

At the time of his escape, Lindsey was facing charges in Pasquotank County of failing to appear in Superior Court for resisting a police officer and failing to appear in District Court.

Lindsey also was facing charges in Perquimans County of assault by strangulation and failing to appear in District Court.

Anyone with any information about Lindsey’s whereabouts is asked to phone police at 335-4321 or Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County CrimeLine at 335-5555. Crime Line offers rewards of up to $2,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Callers do not have to provide their names.

μολών λαβέ

solus

thanks you are so much more than kind.

you would have thunk the officer in question who was handling an individual who has already assaulted another LE would be a tad bit more cautious...eh?

ipse
ipse