• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

im done

Status
Not open for further replies.

carry for myself

okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight.

jay....out

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Techno-viking.jpg

Seriousbusiness2.jpg

xmanhockey7

okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight.

jay....out

Don't let forum idiots get to you. I had one very recently sending me messages on here because he didn't agree with me about constitutional carry and decided he would send me a message and throughout his messages put words in my mouth. He hasn't sent a message in several days so I'm assuming he's done.

carsontech

Activist Member
Don't let forum idiots get to you. I had one very recently sending me messages on here because he didn't agree with me about constitutional carry and decided he would send me a message and throughout his messages put words in my mouth. He hasn't sent a message in several days so I'm assuming he's done.

I remember the thread you started about that. The person who isn't in support of Constitutional Carry is very misinformed and it sounds like their view will never change, no matter how much evidence supporting CC you provide.

Jay, don't leave on account of 1 person. Just take a break and chill.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

I remember the thread you started about that. The person who isn't in support of Constitutional Carry is very misinformed and it sounds like their view will never change, no matter how much evidence supporting CC you provide.

Jay, don't leave on account of 1 person. Just take a break and chill.

Yeah for me it wasn't that they didn't agree with CC it was that they decided to start sending me messages saying I wanted his workers to be killed because I thought we should have CC and just a lot of other stupid accusations.

jonjon_jon

Opencarry.org has forum rules and also a moderator that follows our activties. If you're being harassed by someone it can and should be stopped. I believe you should chat with the powers that be to put a end to harassment and as a regular user, I'm sure you don't need my help finding out how to do this. Slow down and cool off. We've had disagreements ourselves (you and I) but value your input on the forums and enjoy your opinion. I would urge you not to let some A** force you to retreat. As Sara would say don't retreat just reload!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Opencarry.org has forum rules and also a moderator that follows our activties. If you're being harassed by someone it can and should be stopped. I believe you should chat with the powers that be to put a end to harassment and as a regular user, I'm sure you don't need my help finding out how to do this. Slow down and cool off. We've had disagreements ourselves (you and I) but value your input on the forums and enjoy your opinion. I would urge you not to let some A** force you to retreat. As Sara would say don't retreat just reload!

That person accused would be me.

When anyone posts disinformation, ignores the rules, posts the contents of a PM w/o permission, then takes an "attitude" and replies with ad hominum attacks, I am likely to get up out of my chair and change hats. The more often and longer such occurs, the more egregious it becomes.

When suggestions, guidance and nudges do not work, and ability/authority to perform moderation are challenged on public threads, then stronger measures are indicated. When threatened with being reported, it was presumed that I do not kept the administration advised. OTOH - all should feel free to contact John if there is a need.

This thread and the OP's derogatory comments are a continuance of his apparent mind set. That is most unfortunate. The previous thread was locked - I will leave this one open unless it goes off the deep end.

BTW - I made the suggestion that the OP give it a break, cool off and work to be a responsible, contributing member here. Normally, I do not post such as this openly, but you are being done a disservice - you are being unfairly divided with 1/2 truths and innuendo.

As a radio personality used to say, "Now you know....the rest of the story."

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
okay. im done. OCDO is not worth the harassment im getting from one member in particular. a perrsonal problem he has with me as a person causes him to constantly attack every post i make here. and OC is not worth the hassle. i own guns. i love guns. i love my right to carry guns and that will never change. however me being a part of an originization that worries more about pointless childish bickering , insults harassment and just being plain A-holes is not worth my efforts to support any longer. i will say no names but no doubt 3 seconds after this post the armchair warrior will retort. so with this i say to the friends i've made here. thank you. to the enemy. get a life. and to everyone else. keep up the fight. jay....out

carry for myself, I enjoyed your contributions to the discussions here at OCDO, don't be a girl about it and leave because someone hurt your feelings. If your skin is really that thin then use the block feature for the person you don't like. It was made for people who can't handle the full internet experience.

--Moderator Edited--
Multiple rule violations including personal attack on OP, sexual innuendo, sexual orientation, gender-identity, which even if in jest are NOT acceptable. Especially in such a massive dose! I am disappointed in the level/lack of self-moderation.
^ If I ever leave this forum it's going to be because almost no one here has a sense of humor. It's like everyone here had their mommy fix their boo boos their whole life. I don't get it. HE POSTED A HURT FEELINGS REPORT!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! REMOVE IT, WARN HIM, BAN HIM IF YOU SAW ANYONE LAUGH

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

I'm also one of those who is harassed from time-to-time by one of the moderators, ignoring that I'm a strong supporter of OC, and simply because I don't OC myself at this time he takes every opportunity to point that out (as do some others). Why people want to alienate a supporter is not clear to me.

I chalk it up to insecurity on their part and just ignore them.

$.02

xmanhockey7

I'm also one of those who is harassed from time-to-time by one of the moderators, ignoring that I'm a strong supporter of OC, and simply because I don't OC myself at this time he takes every opportunity to point that out (as do some others). Why people want to alienate a supporter is not clear to me.

I chalk it up to insecurity on their part and just ignore them.

$.02

Wow over 1,000 posts on here and you don't OC. You must be a pretty big supporter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ladies and gentleman, I said I'd leave the thread open "if it did not go off the deep end."

It has.

The lock has been applied.

This is no future in attacking a Moderator publicly, the ways to report the belief that you are being "harassed" are simple and clear. Use them and them only if you feel a need. The public image of OCDO is most important.

When an erroneous claim or statement of "fact" is made and insult is taken at a request to cite, he/she is not being responsible and is in violation of the rules - the same holds true in other cases.

When a poster/user states that OCers will be thrown face down and cuffed for OC, he/she is not an proponent.

When the dissension including attempting to discredit anyone is fraught with omission of facts and lacking all details, it is at best dishonest. This includes PMs and reports.

When rules violations occur, there will be accordingly a response. If you cannot nor will not accept that as mature adults, then perhaps you are indeed on the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.