• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If a LE resigns from an organizational assignment...are they still employed?

solus

Prosecutors say Derek Chauvin knelt on George Floyd for 9 minutes 29 seconds, longer than initially reported.​

March 30, 2021, 10:24 a.m. ETMarch 30, 2021
March 30, 2021
By Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs

The length of time that Derek Chauvin was initially said to have knelt on George Floyd’s neck — eight minutes 46 seconds — was put on masks, shirts and signs and became a rallying cry for months at protests in Minneapolis and across the United States.

But the actual time was even longer — nine minutes 29 seconds — a prosecutor noted in court on Monday during the opening statements in the murder trial of Mr. Chauvin.

“The most important numbers you will hear in this trial are nine, two, nine,” Jerry W. Blackwell, one of the prosecutors, said in his opening statement. “What happened in those nine minutes and 29 seconds when Mr. Derek Chauvin was applying this excess force to the body of Mr. George Floyd.”

Shortly after Mr. Floyd’s death on May 25, prosecutors in Hennepin County indicated the length of time was eight minutes 46 seconds. Then, in June, they revised that time downward, to seven minutes 46 seconds,

did you even read Nicholas Bagels-boughs' article's last sentence before you cited article...let's see, quote:

Shortly after Mr. Floyd’s death on May 25, prosecutors in Hennepin County indicated the length of time was eight minutes 46 seconds. Then, in June, they revised that time downward, to seven minutes 46 seconds,

unquote.

AP your NY times article is dated 30 March. my LA times cite is dated 18 June, both, repeat both state the same time...the idiot policeman has been found guilty, period w/o the extra 2 +/- minutes influencing the judicial system.

got another time you wish to push as gospel?

solus

if justice prevails, three other's lives will be ruined as well...

but JT...can i have a couple of minutes to think about giving it a rest?:unsure::eek::rolleyes:

Last edited: