• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll on the Atlanta Airport gun ban repeal!

exgabrit

imported post

I think the next few months is going to be a good time for the law abiding gun owners.
I hope that some of this publicity filters its way back to groups in my native UK and try and get some justice dished out !

Wynder wrote:
exgabrit wrote:
I actually looked up state v burns the other day, didn't put 2 and 2 together.
If it went to court, Atlanta Airport I think is on the loosing side before the opening statements have finished.
You think?

Granted, I don't live in Georgia -- but in most every other state, the non-secure zones of the airport are fair game for law-abiding gun owners. I'd think that as long as the plaintiff could prove that the intent of the airport is not for the congregation of people, they'd be golden.

Granted, people wind up getting stuck in the airport, but that's not the intent nor purpose. No doubt it would be an uphill battle from a public policy standpoint, but the judiciary in Georgia seems to be following the Constitution and interpreting the law if GeorgiaCarry's lawsuits are any indication.

I'd definitely keep my hopes up for you guys. :)