• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hendersonville Open Carry

Boomboy007

I just moved from Washington state to Hendersonville. I have been open carrying all over West TN and the Nashville area. Locally I have only seen one other OCer. I was recently kicked out of Costco (Charlotte Pike) for OC (they are not posted).

I notice the gun buster signs at the theaters, and some other places. I was wondering what the legal ramifications might be should one not notice the signage and accidentally conceal in such a location. Visions of Aurora, CO flash through my brain when I think about watching a movie in the theater.

Unlike WA, my understanding is that one may consume absolutely no alcohol while carrying.

Also, are NFA items (unconstitutionally) restricted in TN?

Are there any meetups in the Nashville area?

solus

boomboy please be extremely cautious with OC'g your firearm at the moment in TN due to the rash of 12 public shooting(s) of late, especially with one occurring in Memphis over the weekend.

Costco has explicitly written in their membership contract NO FIREARM CC/OC in their store and at their gas pumps..costco's response is to suspend your membership...[they have been known to be neggly and trespassed the member] [numerous discussions out here]

enjoy your new home state and FYI i get to knoxville semi-regularly if you wish to enjoy a bite over lunch or early dinner...PM me

cheers

Boomboy007

Costco no-guns is buried in their membership contract. It is interesting that some stores post and others don’t. Concealed means concealed.
Yeah, I am die hard open carry. Interestingly, I got a membership at Sam's Club (which is literally across the street from me), and I had no problem. In fact, the cashier and the bagger complimented me on my pistol, and we talked about it with the customer behind me. I'm guessing that I will not be renewing my Costco membership.

solus

Costco no-guns is buried in their membership contract. It is interesting that some stores post and others don’t. Concealed means concealed.
dougie, you know it is against forum rules to advocate illegal activities...since you yourself stated the membership states no firearm carry by members on their property, yet then make a statement indicating to ignore the membership mandates and carry anyway.

solus

Yeah, I am die hard open carry. Interestingly, I got a membership at Sam's Club (which is literally across the street from me), and I had no problem. In fact, the cashier and the bagger complimented me on my pistol, and we talked about it with the customer behind me. I'm guessing that I will not be renewing my Costco membership.
boomboy, in 2019 after the El Paso incident Sam's & WalMart 'respectfully' requested citizens not OC in their facilities after some carried long guns into their stores...
"...there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers."

in fact my local Sam's, run by two matronly women, posted a 'no open carry' sign at the door...

Boomboy007

Solus, it has been respectfully requested you treat forum members better, but I have not seen you comply with that request. Therefore, I'm going to give Sam's Club the "Solus" treatment!

solus

Solus, it has been respectfully requested you treat forum members better, but I have not seen you comply with that request. Therefore, I'm going to give Sam's Club the "Solus" treatment!
sorry boomboy007, but this member is truly not sure about your statement you just posted, care to provide insight into your inflammatory statement?