• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anything changed

rpyne

I haven't been following what has been going on in Nebraska for a couple of years because my daughter and her family moved to Texas, but they are moving back to Nebraska next month. I'll be making the trip to help them move and want to make sure I don't get myself in trouble.

Have there been any significant changes in Nebraska gun laws the last couple of years?

Also, while there, I'd like to take them shooting. Does anyone know of any places to shoot in the Friend area?

Thanks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Ne sub-forum has been a bit quiet lately.

As I am originally from Omaha, I try to keep current. Don't know of any major changes there recently.

Omaha is still tough for OC - special requirements. Think it is a non-issue in the western part of the state.

girlwithaglock

You can open carry in Omaha with a permit. The new mayor actually has her CCW, so there's been a little rise in awareness in that area (at least for those who CC).
As far as any major changes in laws and legislation since you've been in Nebraska, I would suggest you meander over to the Nebraska Firearm Owner's Association website. There's a lot of useful information on all the legislation and law changes that have gone on.
I'm not sure of the culture around the Friend area, but I can give you some placed to shoot around Lincoln. Message me if you are interested.
-Michelle

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Things are pretty quiet here, but we're trying to get some more involvement. Check out http://neopencarry.org and our Facebook page and share to help spur more action from Nebraskans.

Good to see someone picking up the slack in my birth state. Been too quiet for too long.

Appreciate any and all posts to OCDO, which hopefully will lead to more members/activists in NE.

Last edited:

MuffinTheMan

Been too quite for too long.

Agreed. I've just been too busy lately, but I took advantage of a break to rewrite the site and start a facebook page. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue spending at least a small amount of time keeping things updated over the next several months (that's the current plan). The more people that get involved, the better--that way I can have others help carry this forward here in Nebraska.

rpyne

Agreed. I've just been too busy lately, but I took advantage of a break to rewrite the site and start a facebook page. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue spending at least a small amount of time keeping things updated over the next several months (that's the current plan). The more people that get involved, the better--that way I can have others help carry this forward here in Nebraska.

I don't live in Nebraska, but my grandchildren do. I stopped following Nebraska about 2-1/2 years ago when they moved from Nebraska to Texas, but they moved back in Nebraska.

Back then, I had the distinct feeling that my involvement was not welcome because I wasn't a Nebraska resident. I hope that has changed. I am a firm believer that we all need to help protect and restore our rights everywhere. Having been part of the group that worked to get shall issue here in Utah 20+ years ago, and having been active in working to improve things here through the legislative process ever since, I have some insights on what it takes to get politicians to listen.

If there is anything I can do to support those of you who are trying to protect and restore your rights, please don't hesitate to ask.

MuffinTheMan

Back then, I had the distinct feeling that my involvement was not welcome because I wasn't a Nebraska resident. I hope that has changed. I am a firm believer that we all need to help protect and restore our rights everywhere. Having been part of the group that worked to get shall issue here in Utah 20+ years ago, and having been active in working to improve things here through the legislative process ever since, I have some insights on what it takes to get politicians to listen.

If there is anything I can do to support those of you who are trying to protect and restore your rights, please don't hesitate to ask.

You're involvement is certainly welcome as far as I'm concerned, and I will try to keep you in mind if I think of any specific ways you can help from "afar."