• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns at Atlanta Airport

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Congratulations to all you folks in Georgia who have prevailed after many moons of struggle.

And I would be remiss if I did not congratulate Atlanta's Mayor on recognizing that, despite his politics and personal opinions, the law is the law and must be obeyed.

[tongue firmly in cheek]I'll be following this to read the reports of shootings over parking spaces and over-weight baggage.[/tongue firmly in cheek]

stay safe.

aadvark

Atlanta would not have any Problems if they would only follow Georgia's Firearm and Weapons Act.

KBCraig

"The fact of the matter is..." Atlanta was going to lose, badly, and some lawyers finally talked some sense into the mayor and made him understand that.

Congratulations, Georgians.

aadvark

You can and should do so..., as I am NOT a Kentucky Residnet and even I know that Kentucky has the following Law: KRS 65.870.

KRS 65.870 IS Clear, and the ONLY Exception is under KRS 237.115, BUT this Exception ONLY Applies to Concealed Firearms, therefore; Open Carry is Inapplicable to KRS 237.115.

In Fact, in Kentucky, unlike Georgia, the ONLY Two Places that are Illegal for Open Carry are: 1. Schools, as Defined under KRS 527.070 AND 2. Bars (when the Firearm is Loaded) under KRS 244.125.

aadvark

gutshot:

Thank you for your Compliment.

Kentucky Law Enforcement Officials would be Poised to Obey The Law under a Kentucky Court Order Mandateing that 'They' do so.

aadvark

Last edited:

Gunluvr

Those dummies down at city hall in Atlanta have always thought they lived in New York or California and could force their toxic gun controls on everybody else within I-285 but the Georgia General Assembly in response to Atlanta trying to sue gun makers for 3rd party crimes had to slap them down with preemption in the middle 90s, gradually we got stand your ground laws and castle doctrine laws were strengthened. This is the south.