• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun competitions Tucson area?

GWbiker

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
Anyone know of any? Or a good place to get info on them?

Check with Marksman II on Prince. They have league shooters on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

.45acp

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

What kind of comp are you looking for? IDPA, IPSC, Bullseye, HP Rifle, Benchrestect.That will help folks with providing you some info.

Down at the Sierra Vista Range (70 Miles fromTucson) they shoot Silhouette, Defensive Pistol and HPseveral times a month. Here is the link http://www.sierravistarange.org/matches.html . Great range, $5.00 bucks a day per person, they have targets, covered concrete benches, target frames and staplers for open use (targets are a small charge, but cheaper than a gun store). Yardages are from several yards out to the 500 yard steel gong. There is an NRA qualified Range Master at all times the range is open to the public, and these guys do a great job of running a safe and orderly range.

Steve

jeremy05

imported post

.45acp wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:

What kind of comp are you looking for? IDPA, IPSC, Bullseye, HP Rifle, Benchrest ect. That will help folks with providing you some info.

Down at the Sierra Vista Range (70 Miles from Tucson) they shoot Silhouette, Defensive Pistol and HP several times a month. Here is the link http://www.sierravistarange.org/matches.html . Great range, $5.00 bucks a day per person, they have targets, covered concrete benches, target frames and staplers for open use (targets are a small charge, but cheaper than a gun store). Yardages are from several yards out to the 500 yard steel gong. There is an NRA qualified Range Master at all times the range is open to the public, and these guys do a great job of running a safe and orderly range.

Steve

nice, I didn't realize they did that there, I live in benson!

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:

Check with Marksman II on Prince. They have league shooters on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Wife and I just got back from there this afternoon. Nice place to shoot, friendly staff and not overly priced on range time. Today was Ladies Day so she got to shoot for $6.00 and hour.

Wife also scored a couple carry purses that were very reasonably priced.

I may try to get over there one more time before I have to head back to NM Saturday.

Steve Aikens

GWbiker

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
nice, I didn't realize they did that there, I live in benson!
Then 40+ miles to Tucson would be too far for your needs.

TOF

imported post

They may sue but they will not win.

Some of the invaders are already hooking them up and moving out for other places.

A few may be headed for Wyoming!!

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

GWbiker

imported post

TOF wrote:
They may sue but they will not win.

Some of the invaders are already hooking them up and moving out for other places.

A few may be headed for Wyoming!!

:celebrate      :celebrate      :celebrate

More than a few are heading for sanctuary cities in California and in New Mexico.....:celebrate:celebrate