• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Win at the U.S. Supreme Court for the Second Amendment!

solus

phil, might wish to check the forum's thread celebrating the USSC opinion......here:

pkbites

I’ll bet NYC, Hawaii, and other jurisdictions will normalize CCW kicking and screaming and it will take other court actions and enforcement to get them to obey the Constitution.

Didn’t read the entire opinion. Why was CCW only addressed and not open carry?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I’ll bet NYC, Hawaii, and other jurisdictions will normalize CCW kicking and screaming and it will take other court actions and enforcement to get them to obey the Constitution.

Didn’t read the entire opinion. Why was CCW only addressed and not open carry?
I think you need to read the entire opinion. Open carry is at least MENTIONED, even if not fully addressed.

How can one be fully informed unless one reads the entire opinion?

WalkingWolf

Look for 16+ hours training requirement, and very high processing fees. Gouging by some trainers once the legislatures get around to writing new laws. This will not be immediate, courts will set deadlines the same as they did in Illinois. One of the judges concurring opinion opened the door for excessive CCW regulation. I was very disappointed.

WalkingWolf

When the Young vs Hawaii is reviewed and a new decision handed down the how climate of open carry could change.
This is what the 2A is all about, derringers did not come into play until well after the constitution was ratified. Before this handguns were too large to conceal, they were carried in the belt openly. It seems SCOTUS is scared to take on an open carry case, it would bring down the house of cards. States would be tripping over themselves to make CCW more accessible because of their fear of OC. A clear decision would also further bankrupt NRA.

JTHunter2

Look for 16+ hours training requirement, and very high processing fees. Gouging by some trainers once the legislatures get around to writing new laws. This will not be immediate, courts will set deadlines the same as they did in Illinois. One of the judges concurring opinion opened the door for excessive CCW regulation. I was very disappointed.

Oh, just like IL-ANNOY. A "non-refundable" application fee PLUS 16 hours initial "training" PLUS the costs of that training PLUS an interminable wait to get your card from the state. :mad:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Also, they want access to your social media accounts. It may have become shall issue but the requirements will make it almost impossible, and the places that are off limits will make a person just say never mind.

WalkingWolf

Also, they want access to your social media accounts. It may have become shall issue but the requirements will make it almost impossible, and the places that are off limits will make a person just say never mind.
Last visit to IL nobody I knew was carrying even though they had permits. Almost all businesses are posted, and signs in IL have the force of law. Most of IL outside of the big cities is conservative, but WTF, why do they post their businesses.